07.

The time was nearing midnight and the strippers made their way to Onyx for another night of exotic dancing— for the indulgence and thrill of the audience

The time was nearing midnight and the strippers made their way to Onyx for another night of exotic dancing— for the indulgence and thrill of the audience. It was Friday which meant the night would start slow as people were leaving work and the pace would increase as the time did.

Celeste sat at her assigned vanity as she applied the makeup. Her outfit for tonight was purple, so she ensured she used the color during her makeup process. She didn't have to apply strip lashes since she started paying a tech to apply lash extensions. She wasn't the biggest fan of lipstick, so she spread the clear gloss across her full lips.

As she looked through her mirror, she spotted Kennedy behind her. She struggled to carry all the bags that held her personal items for the night.

"Ken, why you still bringing all that stuff?" Celeste asked her friend as she settled in. Kennedy couldn't come up with a logical answer, "Girl, I don't know."

"Would it be Kennedy if she didn't bring a whole bunch of unnecessary shit everyday?" Another dancer added to the conversation.

Celeste thought about it, "That's true actually."

As Celeste expected, the night did start off pretty slow, so all the newbies were put on the stage first. New girls didn't get much stage time until they proved themselves worthy.

It made sense when you thought about it from an entrepreneurial standpoint. You would want your old dancers, the ones you know can make money on the stage for longer periods of time, and you would receive a higher profit.

Speaking of new girls, Onyx did have a new dancer named, Raya. It was odd because her stage name was her actual birth name. That was rare in the industry since people wanted to keep their business and personal lives completely separate– especially in their field of occupation.

From what Celeste could see, she was a good, controlled dancer. She knew how to keep her pace steady and she had good breath control. Celeste was eager to see what additions she could give to the business.

After Celeste finished all her dances for the night, she returned to the dressing room. She stood by her locker as she dressed in more comfortable clothing. Hearing the heels harshly hit against the flooring, she reflected her attention towards the entrance.

In came Kennedy, "My feet hurt so fucking bad."

"I might actually have a blister, I can't keep wearing these tall ass heels." Celeste said as she shut the locker door.

Each girl was allowed to decorate their locker with personal adornments. Inside her locker were pictures of her and Sanai. The outside had glitter letters that spelled out her stripper name and stars surrounding it.

"Cel, you never told me how the appointment with Saint went." Kennedy said, which made Celeste drop her bag. She knew she wouldn't be leaving for another thirty minutes. The manager probably didn't have her cut counted out yet anyway.