29.

List the functions of the largest organ in the living body

Celeste scraped her mind to think back to her notes. She was currently in class taking the final exam before their break for the Christmas holiday. This exam was weighing heavily on her conscience. In fact, they all did, because she knew she needed to know this information like the back of her hand.

Celeste reread the question for the third time, before the answers started to appear in her head. She broke the question down into two pieces. It was asking her what was the largest organ and what were its functions. She wrote the word skin on the paper, so she wouldn't somehow forget what the largest organ was.

Her brain went back to this chapter in the textbook. She tried to visualize the bullet pointed list that was provided. Her photographic memory started to come in handy. She used her pencil to write in the answer: protection, sensations, heat regulations, excretion, and secretion.

Once she felt confident with that question, she moved onto the remaining sixty-nine questions of the exam. After nearly two hours, Celeste stood from her chair and placed the exam on the pile with others. She grabbed her telfar and left the class silently.

The very first thing she did was call Saint. He picked up on the very first ring. Celeste had a smile in her voice, "Saint Cruz." Her voice portrayed a singing melody.

He replied, "Why you so happy this early? You finished your exam?"

"Yeah, it was like the same amount of easy and hard. I don't know if that makes sense. Like I knew a lot of the material, but I wasn't really confident in some answers."

"Nah, I get what you saying. What you finna get into now?" Saint questioned as he held the phone towards his face. He appeared to be somewhere other than his house, Celeste had memorized every portion and corner of his home.

She knew for a fact he didn't have a sage green wall. There was no way she would've missed that. She's been in every room of his home.

She had a few hours before school pick up, "I have an appointment with this realtor for a space in this salon suite."

"That's wassup, you need me to pull up on you?" Saint asked as he put his arm behind his head. Just as she looked at her phone, she caught a glimpse of extremely pregnant Faith in the background.

Celeste gasped at the sight, "Is that Faith? She's so big now. That baby might break her, she was literally tiny."

Saint responded, "Yeah she big and irritating as hell. She be at my parents house more than Salem. Shit more than Summer and her ass still lives here."

In the background she could hear Faith defending herself, "I wouldn't be here so much if your brother helped."

"Not too much. She's probably just pregnant and hormonal. When I was pregnant I knew I got on Kennedy's nerves so bad. I needed something every hour."