39.

"Pretty girl

"Pretty girl." Celeste said as she watched Sanai twirl around in her dress. She picked the dress out herself. She absolutely loved fashion, so Celeste often tried to allow her to express her own personal style.

Sanai stood in front of the mirror while looking at herself, "I love this dress!" Celeste loved how confident and radiant her mood was.

The girls were preparing for Sanai's kindergarten promotional ceremony. It was official, the school year had come to an end and summer break was approaching. While the day was filled with excitement, there was a lingering feeling of sadness that consumed Celeste.

As Saint predicted, the filming of his movie was pushed back into later this week. She hated that he couldn't fly back for just an hour to witness this milestone within his daughter's life. However, she wouldn't let this dictate the course of today.

"I'm about to get ready real quick." Celeste informed her daughter of her actions. She decided to wear something both simple, but cute for their pictures. She pulled a black dress from the hanger and her favorite pair of sandals.

Celeste had a very expensive and large collection of sandals. She loved a cute pair that she could easily slip on the during the summer months. She didn't like anything enclosed around her feet for too long.

Celeste decided not to do a face of makeup, instead she applied a bit of lip gloss and her newest pair of Chanel sunglasses.

"Are you ready for your ceremony?" Celeste asked as she grabbed her handbag from the table.

Sanai smiled, "Yes! I get to see all my friends, like Noah." Sanai hadn't mentioned Noah recently, but it was nice to know they were still good friends. Celeste made a mental note to set up some summer activities for the two.

"Sounds fun! Let me take a picture of you, stand here." Celeste pointed towards the empty spot in front of the wall.

She was the type of mother that needed a personal photoshoot for every event. She loved to post the pictures all over her social media. Aside from her wanting to capture the moment, Sanai would be able to look back on these photos and the loving captions her mother made.

"Do this, girl." Celeste demanded as she held up the peace sign. Like mother, Sanai copied her pose as Celeste snapped the pictures.

After another few minutes of this, Celeste had well over one hundred photos. There were probably a million duplicates since she just constantly tapped the button. That resulted in the best off guard photos too.

As they drove to the school, Celeste was happy this was the final time she'd have to do this for some weeks. Before she became a parent with a school age child, she wished other parents would've explained the process of driving to a school twice a day. It was a vicious cycle you had to partake in five days a week.

The event was happening outside on the schools lawn, so each student received an unlimited amount of tickets. This was perfect, it kept down commotion between who was invited.