* 36.

The snowy, windy weather of Aspen, Colorado flowed against the cabin

The snowy, windy weather of Aspen, Colorado flowed against the cabin. The wood interior was the perfect touch as the candles illuminated a warm, yellow reflection. The fragrance of cedarwood echoed through the cozy room.

Celeste sat peacefully on the natural hardwood flooring, as the fire place provided a hot relief from the cold air. She rubbed her bare leg against the fur rug allowing for it mesh against her moisturized skin.

Celeste occasionally sipped from her wine glass, she introduced the contents to her tastebuds before swallowing. She swirled the glass in a circular motion while listening to the music that came through the speaker. She ran her fingers through her natural silk pressed hair. It had been a while since she last wore her natural hair, and she was loving the look.

Her eyes glanced towards the vintage clock that hung on the wall. As the time inched closer and closer to midnight, Celeste's birthday would cast over the horizon. Soon, she would be a year older, wiser, and prettier.

This birthday was certainly more special than all the others from her past. Typically, she would've been spending her celebration at Onyx, allowing her guests to receive the true gift of her talent. However, Saint promised to shower her in gifts and adoration this year.

This birthday was different, because she was spending it with her romantic partner. Celeste believed she had forgotten how to love properly, because there wasn't an individual to practice with. She hadn't been involved in a serious relationship since her younger days, she disregarded that portion of life. As long as she had Sanai, then romantic interests was for the birds.

An almost thirty-one year old Cel was grateful she was spending her birthday with Saint. He illustrated love and pure intimacy unconditionally to her. She hadn't felt a love like this in ages. Their relationship was initially strained considering their situation, but it was quickly rekindled. All the passionate emotions they shared six years ago came rushing back with ease.

Saint was teaching her life lessons too. He often times had to remind her of the benefits of slowing down. She had been all over the place, between expanding her education and creating the perfect business— Celeste had completely forgotten all of life's treasures beyond business. She struggled to find a balance, but she was learning nonetheless.

Celeste's mind reflected on her first born. She had spent the last nearly six years of her life building the strongest, smartest, boldest girl ever. Sanai made rainy days seem joyous, and sunny days even brighter. Her mind was expanding with the knowledge of life. The reason for this was Celeste. She would do anything to see her child prosper in a world that had favorites.

However, Celeste couldn't have worked her magic alone. She had to give credit to her parents. Without the generational wisdom and generosity that she received, she wouldn't have been able to raise her daughter as such.

Her father had a way with words, she wished he would've pursued a career in motivational speaking and encouragement. When your life seemed to be over, he was there with a platter of reason. Reason to continue and evolve as life continues.