☆PROLOGUE☆

The weather on that particular day was chaotic, with thunder roaring and heavy rain cascading down as Hritish Arora and his wife Kriti Arora entrusted their newborn baby girl into the caring hands of Hritish's father, Amish Arora.

The Arora Group and Corporations was a renowned company in the city. However, the insidious grip of greed had taken hold of Hritish and Kriti, leading them to abandon their child.

Amish was deeply affected by this situation, feeling a sense of failure in raising his son, Hritish, in the right manner. Consequently, he severed ties with his son, who in turn, turned his back on his daughter.

It was a heartbreaking turn of events, as they had initially hoped for a baby boy to carry on the family legacy.

Little Sana, the baby girl, would cry out for her mother during the nights, finding solace only in the comforting presence of her grandfather, Amish.

He tirelessly provided her with love and support, displaying unwavering dedication day and night. As she grew older, Sana received affection from the two maids working in her grandfather's mansion.

They would tell her a fabricated story, claiming that her parents had gone on a trip and would return to pick her up.

Surprisingly, Sana became quite attached to this idea, secretly wishing that her parents would never come back, as she held her grandfather in the highest regard.

Amish cherished Sana like a precious gem, keeping her close to his heart. From a young age, Sana had always been a lively girl, concealing deep secrets that no one could have suspected. It all began with the arrival of her maternal uncle, Alok Chopra.

Although he wasn't particularly successful in business, he resorted to unethical means to climb the ladder of success. Occasionally, he would find Sana alone after she turned six and approach her with a predatory gaze, akin to a hunter targeting its prey.

His behaviour made her extremely uncomfortable, especially when he crossed boundaries and touched her inappropriately. As time went on, her distress grew, reaching a point where she couldn't bear to be near him any longer. She would attempt to scream, but Alok would forcefully cover her mouth, silencing her cries

Amish was completely oblivious to all of this, as Hritish was expelled, he had to handle all the tasks by himself. The servants remained silent, fearing that their jobs might be in jeopardy due to the dreadful man, Alok Chopra.

The only person Sana seemed to confide in was Tara Khurana, her friend who later turned out to be more like the sister she never knew she needed. Despite being aware of the situation, she couldn't intervene but tried to assist Sana whenever possible.

One day, after Sana turning thirteen, she found out Alok left the country to settle abroad. Sana thought it was a miracle and celebrated the news.

However, along with the miracle came a turning point in her life - Tara was also leaving. Where was she going? Why? When would she return? Sana was left in the dark as her true friend departed.

She spent her days happily, building her confidence to face men like Alok without any regrets. Always prepared, she carried objects that could protect her from harm. She made good friends in school, Vani and Asha, who are now, currently pursuing their PhDs with her.

Over the years, she developed a huge crush on Adhrit Ray Singhania, the son of a prominent businessman in the country. Despite enjoying her life, having crushes, pretending to be clueless, and laughing freely, she couldn't escape the past.

Alok Chopra returned to the country, just as abruptly as he had left. The news of his return had been circulating, but he had yet to show up at the Arora household. Sana was devastated upon hearing about Alok's return, but she was not willing to back down, even though standing up to him would be challenging.