♡CHAPTER 2♡

My grandfather asked me if I was leaving for university.

"Yes, I'll meet you in the afternoon," I replied before heading out.

I drove to the university, excited for the first day of the new semester and to reunite with my friends after the long holiday break.

After parking, I walked towards my class and found my friends, Asha and Vani, already there.

"You're finally here! We were just talking about you," Vani said.

Curious, I asked what they were discussing, jokingly adding that I hoped it wasn't gossip.

"We were thinking of going to the club today," Asha mentioned, to which I hesitated due to my preference not to drink alcohol.

Understanding my concerns, they explained that they had a special reason for wanting to go, which I suspected was related to Vani

Asha asked me, "Guess who she's dating now, a hot actor!"

"Who is it? I can't even begin to guess! Tell me!" I exclaimed eagerly.

"Come on, you're no fun. It's Agastya Bedi!" Asha revealed, leaving me in shock. I turned to Vani, who casually flipped her hair.

"Sis, you've hit the jackpot for sure!" I hugged her excitedly.

"Yeah, I was planning on going to the club with him, but I want you both to come along in case I feel awkward," Asha admitted sincerely.

"Alright, I'll go, but you know I have a time limit. I don't want to worry Grandpa," I replied, and they agreed.

"Think about it, what if you both find someone at the club too? It's the midnight mirage, after all," Vani suggested.

"All the attractive and wealthy men go there, it could be a great opportunity," Asha added, making us all laugh.

The teacher walked in, signalling the start of the lecture. We had back-to-back classes until the end of the day. After bidding them goodbye, I reassured them that I would be at the club on time.
.
.
.

I drove to my grandfather's office building, where I was greeted by everyone as I made my way to his cabin on the eleventh floor. I knocked on his door.

"Come on in," Grandpa called out as I entered his office.

"Are you finished with your university?" he asked.

"Yes, I came here to help you out. Come, have a seat. I'll take a look at it," I replied, and he placed his hand on my head, saying,

"Thank you, my child." I smiled and got to work.

I always do this. My grandpa could ask anyone to handle these tasks, but there are certain documents that only the trusted company head should review.

In my case, that's my grandfather. But as he's getting older, I take on the responsibility of going through the documents for him, so he can take a break.

It took me about three hours to review the documents, and it was almost time for me to head out to the club.

"Grandpa, I'm done with it," I said, handing him the documents. "Also, I was thinking of going out with my friends. I won't be late, I promise. You don't have to worry."

"Child, I've known since you were very young that you have the maturity of an adult. So I want you to enjoy yourself. Go out, have fun, and don't worry too much about it," he said, smiling at me.

"Thank you," I said, returning the smile

.
.
.
.

I decided to pay a visit to my favourite store where I usually buy dresses. As soon as I walked in, the workers warmly greeted me and I returned the greeting.