♡CHAPTER 6♡

Today is the big day, the day I am marrying Adhrit Ray Singhania.

I've always dreamed of getting married, but I never expected it to happen so soon in my life.
I had imagined a grand and magnificent wedding, just like everyone else's, but little did I know it would take place in a courtroom with only a piece of paper as the witness.

No beautiful wedding attire, no ceremonial rituals, no sacred wedding chants, just the sound of the gavel bringing justice.
I hope it brings justice to me as well.

Adhrit's father and a maid from their home were supposed to be a witness from his side, but I had no one.
So Mr. Singhania brought with him his brother's wife who was supposed to be a witness from my side. She is a very sweet lady, she told me to call her as Aunt Kiara. I like her.

If Mr Bakshi wasn't unwell, he would have been the one to witness this marriage of convenience.

As I entered the courtroom, Mr. Singhania was already there, but Adhrit was nowhere to be found.

I wondered where he could be. Shouldn't he be here with his father or vice versa?
I greeted Mr. Singhania, and he returned the greeting with a smile. While waiting, I observed the busy scene around me - people in black coats rushing around, some brought in with shackles, and senior lawyers delegating tasks to their juniors. The atmosphere was bustling with activity.

Glancing at my watch, I realized fifteen minutes had passed, and Adhrit was still not there. I made a mental note to remind him to 'practice what you preach' if he showed up today.

The tension in the room was palpable, with Mr Singhania seated like a king on his throne, bodyguards stationed outside, and the lawyer in charge of the marriage proceedings avoiding eye contact.

Where on earth was Adhrit?
Was he saying goodbye to his girlfriend, who didn't want to let him go? Or was he the one hesitant to leave? Even if he was feeling something, he wouldn't show it.

Love can drive people to do foolish things, and perhaps Adhrit was no exception.

"Sana?"

"Yes?" I glanced up and noticed that Adhrit had already arrived, and I was the one lost in my thoughts until Mr Singhania snapped me out of my daydream.

Adhrit was dressed in his typical professional attire, just like me. We continued with the paperwork.

We were instructed to sign some documents, and just like that, we were officially married. They informed us that we would receive our marriage certificate within fifteen days.

Mr. Singhania bid farewell, instructing Adhrit to ensure my safe journey home.

Adhrit simply said, "Get in," and proceeded to enter his side of the car.

However, I remained standing there, sulking as if I hadn't heard him.

He sighed, walked over to my side, opened the door, and gestured for me to sit inside with a tight-lipped smile.

I happily complied, fastening my seat belt. After he did the same, he started driving the car. As I gazed at the scenery outside, my eyes involuntarily shifted to Adhrit.

He looked so handsome, and I couldn't help but wonder if my crush on him would endure, as it was turning into an obsession just to look at him.

"You're staring," he remarked, causing me to avert my gaze to the road ahead, where he was skillfully steering the car.

I was impressed and gave him a proud smile. "Are you managing your grandfather's company?" he suddenly inquired.

"Yes, I am currently, but I have already made arrangements to appoint the most qualified individual as the next CEO," I replied, to which he promptly nodded