♡CHAPTER 10♡

Walking into the party, exuding confidence and obliviousness, Itish sported a crisp white shirt, complemented by a beige blazer and pants.
From an external perspective, he appeared quite dashing.

Curiosity piqued, I inquired, "You mean his adoptive brother?"

She nodded in confirmation. Adhrit and Itish had never been on friendly terms; there was always an air of wariness between them.
Observing the way Itish glared at Adhrit upon entering the party, it was evident that he harboured ill intentions, perhaps aiming to cause a scene.

In an attempt to diffuse the situation, I swiftly texted Adhrit, urging him to meet me in the garden at the back.

Excusing myself from the festivities, I patiently waited for him, but it seemed as though he either hadn't seen my message or was purposefully ignoring it.
The thought of a potential altercation between him and his brother crossed my mind, or maybe he simply didn't want to see me while he was with his friends.
Just as I was about to re-enter the party, something unexpectedly landed on my shoulder - a black blazer.
Turning around, I discovered Adhrit standing there, hands in his pockets, gazing at me with an indiscernible emotion.
Despite the slight chill in the air from the recent rain, there was a serene coldness surrounding us.

"Why did you ask me to come outside?" he inquired casually.

"I didn't have anything specific to say," I replied, avoiding his gaze.

"Uhm, I have something I wanted to tell you..." he began, but I noticed someone approaching from behind Adhrit, so I quickly pulled him behind a nearby arch to hide.

"What's going on?" he whispered.

"Shh," I hushed him.

It turned out to be Adhrit's brother, Itish.

"I thought I saw him leaving. Did he already go?" he asked, rubbing his head and texting on his phone before heading back into the party.

If Adhrit went back, there would be serious consequences.
I turned to face Adhrit, who was now leaning against the wall, his gaze fixed on me.
I couldn't help but notice how attractive he looked, with two buttons of his shirt undone and that expression on his face. Clearing my throat,

I said, "Let's head home," and led him away from the party.

.
.
.
.
.

"I'll take the wheel. I'm not even buzzed," Adhrit declared once again, leaning against the car door.

I reminded him, "Didn't I tell you to get inside the car? Or maybe you think that I might ruin someone else's life again." I felt a pang of sadness, hurt that this might be one of the reasons.

I was about to walk around and take a seat on the passenger's side when Adhrit grabbed my wrist, pulling me back in front of him as he relaxed against his car.

"What will you give me if I do as you say?" he asked, looking at me with a small smile. Where is all this coming from?

"Anything you desire," I replied, and he laughed or rather scoffed.

"You can never give me what I want," he stated, before going to sit in the passenger's seat. I followed suit and buckled up.

"What if I can?" I challenged, fastening my seatbelt.

"Then I'll be the happiest person alive on this planet," he responded, closing his eyes. And so, I drove off.

At the next traffic light, I came to a stop. Drumming my fingers on the steering wheel, I was tempted to glance at Adhrit, who appeared to be sleeping, but I knew better.
I stole a quick look and found his eyes closed, looking so peaceful as he comfortably leaned against the seat, his arms folded over his chest, and his rolled-up shirt sleeves adding to his charm.