Chapter 7: The Date

Jason POV

I'm nervous. Over a date with a girl who wants nothing to do with my Selection. And of course, I had to go right ahead and choose her for my first date. Great going, Jason!! You should get the award for 'How to make the only interesting girl in your selection hate you' award.

................Is there an award like that? Cause that would be weird. Ohh my gods, I'm thinking like Leo now.

I got this. I got this. I got this. No, I don't.

A small walk in the Gardens at 5. Arcade at 5:30. Escape room at 6ish. and dinner after whenever we finish. I had never been so consumed as something as trivial as a date. But something about this date compels me to.

I walk to Piper's room. I'm not really nervous. Surprisingly, I am..........excited. Over a date.

I knock on the door. I'm exactly 1 minute early.

I can hear gasps from the other side of the door. Not Piper, for sure.

Lily, I think, opens the door. She curtsies as do the other two women in the room. Piper glances at them then curtsies, gracefully.

She was wearing a beautiful baby-blue dress. It was tight around her waist then draped down from there. It was thin-strapped sleeve, almost invisible. It had white embroidery in the pattern of flowers until the waist and the drapes had flounces. Along with that she was wearing a heart-shaped, silver locket and matching silver heart earrings. Her hands were bare but she might be wearing heels cause she looks slightly taller.

She walks up to me and smiles sweetly. D-Did she just smile at me?................Nicely?

She looked like a princess. Regal, pleasant and beautiful.

"Let's go." She says, still smiling

I just nod cause words seem to have left me.

We cross the corridor and the smile drops. And I want it to come back.

She turned to me. "What are you playing at here?" She narrows her eyes.

"What?" I say, confused.

"Why would you-you-you are completely clueless." She states looking at me. "You-How are you so clueless?" She demands.

"What?" I repeat.

"There are 25 girls here. Do-do you even like any of them?" She asks out of nowhere, making no sense.

"This wasn't my choice." I sigh.

"The Selection or the girls?"

"Both. I thought I would have more time." I say, falling into step with her. The Gardens is just a minute away.

"But it's compulsory." She says and grimaces, noticing that I would definitely know this.

I grin. "I'm aware."

She rolls her eyes. But she was hiding a smile. 

Now I'm grinning like an idiot.

Piper clears her throat. "Where are we going?" She asks

"Places." I say.

"Good job, smarty-pants. I meant where exactly?" She says

"....................Did you just call me, 'smarty-pants'?" I ask

She stops walking. And I burst out laughing. She scrunches her eyebrows and starts smiling too.

"Well. That was refreshing." I say and continue walking to the Gardens. Piper hums.