♡CHAPTER 13♡

As I strolled down the university hallway, I glanced at my phone screen, which ominously predicted that today would be filled with obstacles.

With a sigh, I powered off my phone and gazed out at the trees, hoping for a moment of solace.

I only consult my astrology profile on mornings like these, when everything seems to be going wrong.

Earlier, my beloved car had broken down in the middle of the road, forcing me to call for emergency assistance and send it off to the service centre.

To add to my already chaotic day, I received a last-minute notice about a seminar that I had to attend in the university auditorium.

Both my friends, Vani and Asha, were occupied with their classes, so I made my way there alone.
As I entered the auditorium, the buzz of students filled the air.
I climbed up the stairs, searching for a seat, and luck was on my side as I found the perfect spot in the middle.

However, just as I was about to claim it, another girl approached, vying for the same seat.

"It's alright, you can have the seat. I can sit beside you," I offered, hoping to diffuse any potential tension.

She looked at me, and suddenly, recognition dawned upon me.

"Tara?!" I exclaimed, unable to contain my surprise. Before she could respond, I enveloped her in a tight hug.

"Where have you been? You have no idea how much I've missed you," I choked out, trying to hold back tears.

"I missed you too, my friend," Tara replied, returning the embrace.

Slowly, we released each other and locked eyes, a flood of emotions passing between us.

"Let's take a seat. We shouldn't disturb others, right?" She mentioned, and I nodded.

"Tell me, where have you been?" I inquired.

"It's quite a tale, but all I can say is that I'm studying at the university across the street and doing an internship," she replied.

I nodded, observing her tired appearance and weight loss, giving her an unhealthy look.

"Well, I'm intrigued. What's been going on with you? You seem different. I understand that you've matured and would naturally look different, but there's something else about you that seems changed," I remarked, smiling and glancing down. "Maybe it's all part of that long story," I added, adjusting in my seat and sighing.

"How can you be so certain?" She questioned.

"Because I know you, Tara. I understand that it might be difficult for you to open up about this. But you can trust me; I'm here to listen, just like you were for me in the past," I assured, holding her hand.

She gazed at me, a flicker of recognition crossing her face.

"Exactly! Where is your uncle now? Did you press charges against that wicked man?!" She exclaimed.

"Hush! Don't worry, I didn't spill the beans. I was tempted to, but we need solid evidence against him," I reassured, glancing downwards.

"You have no idea what other schemes he's up to. I've only recently discovered that," I added.

"What kind of schemes?" she inquired, her focus solely on me.

"There's so much I want to share, but right now, this revelation is already overwhelming for you. I promise I'll fill you in later," I said, and she nodded in understanding.

As I observed Tara, I realized she had endured difficult times.
Before unloading my insecurities onto her by sharing my story, I needed to be the kind of friend she had been to me.