♡CHAPTER 15♡

"I witnessed a woman in distress, clearly in pain. Without hesitation, I offered her a ride to the hospital," I recounted.

"I'll be there, just send me your location," he responded before abruptly ending the call.

I couldn't help but wonder what had gotten into him. First, he would lend me a helping hand when I needed it, ensuring I could get some rest.

Then, he would express concern if I arrived home late. And now, he was actively searching for me.

It was all so confusing.

Did his actions mean something more? Or were they simply driven by pity and sympathy? I pondered these thoughts as I walked away from the corner, making my way towards the seats.

Suddenly, piercing screams filled the air, drawing my attention.
I turned to see a group of people rushing towards the cabin where the lady had been admitted.
The door remained open, and a nurse stood nearby, her expression filled with horror.

"What happened?" I asked the nurse, my voice filled with concern.

"She is the daughter of the Rathore family, and her husband, Rishi Bansal, is here accusing her of the baby not being his," she replied, her disgust evident.

As I looked at the lady, I realized it was Gina. That explained why she felt so familiar to me.

"To accuse a woman who has just lost her baby?" I exclaimed, appalled by the situation.

Gina's scream echoed through the room, and I turned to look at her.

"Gina, please don't push it," Rishi said, attempting to maintain his composure.

"Me? Crossing my limits?" Gina exclaimed, her voice filled with frustration. "Your so-called best friend fabricated a report, claiming that my pregnancy was eight weeks along when it was only five. And you chose to believe her over me!" The truth hit me like a punch in the gut.

Rishi and his female best friend, who stood by his side, had created this chaotic situation.

"I want a divorce, and I demand compensation for this fraudulent marriage where you've been unfaithful," Rishi declared.

"Just leave. Get out of here before I call the police for your harassment!" I could no longer bear the overwhelming weight of the situation.

"And who are you?" Rishi asked.

"Oh, I remember. She's the granddaughter of the Chairman of the Arora Corporation," the best friend sneered. "But does she have the right to speak up? After all, she caused the deaths of so many people when that bridge collapsed. A murderer siding with a cheater."

By this time, I had no argument left, even though I wasn't directly involved in the project.

It's my grandfather's company, and after him, all the praise and blame will fall on me as the current owner. I was struggling to find the right words to reply.

"Who do you think you're accusing of being a murderer?"

All eyes turned to the person who spoke - Adhrit.

He was dressed in a black shirt, holding his coat, and wearing black pants.
His hair was impeccably styled, exuding elegance and authority.

I could hear whispers of his name and the company's name, along with his surname.
He glanced at me before standing beside me, facing the others, and a wave of relief washed over me.

"I-I believe you may not be aware that the Arora family has..."

Adhrit's voice carried its usual sternness as he spoke, "I know. You don't need to update me on that. How can you accuse her or the company when the investigation is going on? How could you be so sure that Arora corporation was the one that did it and not T.C. corporation?"