just stay this little

authors note: time jump!! about 6-7 months

travis kelce's pov

today, gracie turns one. taylor has been rushing around the house preparing it for her party all week. i've tried to help her but she just tells me to not worry about it, she has terrible ocd i've noticed.

gracie was sitting in her playpen babbling about something and taylor was scrubbing the kitchen counters. i came up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist. she twitched at the touch of my hands as she is extremely ticklish.

"gorgeous, take a break." i leaned closer. "i can't, it needs to look perfect in here." she tried to ignore my hands around her and continued scrubbing. i gave up because i knew she wouldn't stop until it was spotless.

gracie started to fuss to i went and grabbed her from her playpen. "dada!" she reached her arms up. i picked her up and walked back over to taylor. "shouldn't mommy take a break?" gracie just looked at me confused. "mm.." she tried to say mama but she can't quite get the hang of it yet. taylor is a bit jealous that she said dada first.

"good girl, say mama!" taylor finally stopped cleaning and shifted her attention to gracie. she tried again but still couldn't get the words out. she got frustrated and started to cry. taylor looked at the time, "who's ready for a nap?" she took gracie from my arms and brought her to her nursery.

i sat on the couch as i waited for her to return. she slowly shut the bedroom door and tip toed back into the living room and sat next to me on the couch.

she laid down on my chest, "trav, can we talk?". i ran my fingers through her blonde hair. "of course gorgeous, what's up?"

"i want another one, or i at least want to try." i felt her smile up against my chest. "it's just that, im 35, and if we want another baby, we don't have much time to wait." she said and i rubbed her head while thinking about something to say.

     "if that's what you want, of course. i've always wanted a big family. but i hope im not pressuring you into something that you don't really want." i kissed the top of her head.

the next day

taylor swift's pov

     family and friends piled in the door, all at a race to say hello to gracie. she sat on my hip and made a confused face and looked around as many people came close to her. she buried her face in my shoulder and started to cry. "why is gracie crying?" i felt a slight tug at my dress and looked down to see wyatt.

    "she's just overwhelmed. she'll calm down soon i promise." i gave wyatt a soft hug as i patted gracie's back trying to ease her stress. she's just like me, i get super over when im crowded by people. ironic as i often perform for over 70 thousand people.

   when she finally stopped crying i brought her outside. i made sure the music was at a good volume so she didn't freak out again. "she is absolutely gorgeous, she really is your twin." kylie said and giggled at gracie.

     gracie was being a tad clingy and when i tried to set her down, she started to fuss. eventually i got her so calm down and let her play with her cousins in the yard. she still doesn't have the hang of walking and prefers to crawl. she can take a few steps but not without taking a tumble.

    i sat down on the hanging chair we have on a tree and felt my eyes start to swell with tears. i watched the girls play and i couldn't help but start to cry. my little girl is getting so big. i felt travis sit down next to me, "gorgeous, i know." he took my hand and placed a soft kiss on my cheek. i laid my head down on his shoulder as we watched all the girls play together. gracie couldn't quite catch up but wyatt helped her.

     "they are so in love." i hear jason's voice faintly behind me. i looked back and my cheeks heated up. "you know we can hear you." travis chuckled. i giggled and he cupped my cheek and our lips met. the sun started to set and created a beautiful portrait in the sky filled with pink, orange, and yellow.

     gracie crawled her way over to us and reached her arms out for me to hold her. i picked her up and sat her on my lap. "mma.. mm. mama!" she said and giggled.

     "trav! did you hear that?" i was ecstatic. "good girl!" travis laughed and tickled her belly.

    we sat there for a while, just us three, watching the sunset. it was perfect.

    soon everyone sang happy birthday to gracie and left. i feel like it couldn't have been a more perfect night. i mean, it would've been absolutely amazing if travis, you know, popped the question. i don't know, is it too early? it's been a year and a half, but we have a baby, and are going to possibly have another one. i want to be a real family. but, maybe he's just not ready..

authors note:

sorry about the short chapter but i want to update more often which means shorter chapters.. sorry