secrets

taylor swift's pov

i took my final bow and i was lowered into the stage. all night i've felt like shit. travis and gracie met me back stage.

it was gracie's first show and i didn't know how she would do with all the loud noises. but travis told me she was okay for the most part, especially with her special concer headphones. she looked so cute with them on her tiny head.

i ran towards travis and gave him a big hug. "gorgeous you were so good tonight. are you okay? you feel warm." he places his hand on my forehead. "trav im fine. let's get going, gracie needs to be in bed." i change the subject and guide him towards to golf cart.

in reality, the past three days i've felt really sick. but i know if i tell travis he's going to tell me to postpone the shows if i don't feel good. obviously i've performed when i felt under the weather, but never this bad.

when we got back to the hotel i immediately ran to the bathroom to throw up. travis ran after me and held my hair back. "baby, you said you were okay?" he said and rubbed my back. i then wiped my face. "i just didn't want to worry you."

i got in bed and gracie cuddled up between travis and i. "mama." she said and came closer to me with her thumb in her mouth. "hey baby girl." i kissed her forehead.

"taylor. are you sure you can perform tomorrow?" he asked. i knew the question was coming. i was hesitant because honestly i didn't think i could. "yes, my fans are counting on me. i can't cancel." i said.

the next morning i woke up to gracie practically on top of me. travis wasn't in bed and i assumed he was just in the bathroom, but when i checked, he wasn't. i started to panic, but i didn't want to freak gracie out. she lifted her tiny head up and crawled to the end of the bed where i was sitting. "dada?" she looked up at me with her big blue eyes.

"dada isn't here right now baby girl. i'm sure he will me back soon." i picked her up and sat her on my lap. we were watching tv when travis came back.

"where were you? i was worried." i was so relieved. he placed a plastic bag next to me full of stuff. i looked in the bag and saw a thermometer, candy, tissues, and a pregnancy test? i took the test out of the bag and looked at travis confused. "it's just you were throwing up last night and i just want to be sure. you don't have to take it if you don't want to-" i stood up and cut him off with a kiss. "thank you, i love you."

i placed gracie in his arms and took the test to the bathroom. i peed on the stick and patiently waited. i don't really have any other signs of being pregnant other than the puking. it would be amazing if i was, but with the tour and stuff, i don't know if im ready.

after ten excruciating minutes of waiting, the timer finally went off. i flipped the test over and slowly opened my eyes. negative. i was partially happy, but at the same time, a little upset. i mean this is a little tmi but we've been trying recently. it's probably a good thing though. what if we have another baby and i don't give gracie all the attention she needs?

"hey tree." i called tree, because i didn't know what else to do. "hey taylor. what's up?"

"i'm really not feeling good and i don't want to cancel tonight, so do you think i could make a little announcement at the beginning of the show and say im just taking it easy tonight?" i asked.

"yeah, i'm sure that will be fine. i hope you feel better, bye." a sigh of relief escaped my mouth.

travis came and sat next to me in bed with gracie in his arms. i noticed she looked a little pale so i placed my hand on her forehead. it was really warm. "baby girl are you okay?" i took her from travis and rubbed her back.

"i think i gave her whatever i have." she started to fuss so i tried to calm her down. travis called the nearby doctor and made appointments for both of us. i felt so bad for gracie and i really didn't want to leave her tonight but i knew i had to.

——————-
the doctor tested both of us and said it's just the flu and it will pass soon. she said i really shouldn't perform tonight but i don't really care. travis is going to stay back at the hotel with gracie.

travis kelce's pov

   i stayed back with gracelyn while taylor performed tonight. i feel terrible not being there for her but she assured me she will be fine.

    i was sitting on the bed next to gracie when she came closer to me and cuddled up on my lap. "dada." she mumbled with her thumb in her mouth. "i love you gracie girl." i rubbed her soft blonde curls.

    after a bit i decided to take her temperature again. 102.5 degrees. shit, that's really high. i knew she needed to go to the hospital. i couldn't call taylor so i called the only other person i could think of, tree.

    "hey travis. what's up?" she said as she answered the phone. "i need to bring gracie to the hospital, she's getting worse." i explained and she said she would let taylor know as soon as possible.

    i got gracie dressed and packed a small bag incase we needed to stay longer. once we arrived at the hospital we were quickly put back in a room.

    i sat on the hospital bed with gracie asleep on my chest. the nurse came in and i explained everything. they ran some tests and all we had to do was wait.

    around three hours later, taylor called. "travis? tree told me gracie is in the hospital? i'm on my way right now." she hung up before i could even say anything.

    gracie was laying in the bed with a bottle watching tv, "hey baby girl, mommy will be here soon." i kissed her forehead and she smiled. even when my girl is sick she will always remember to smile.

     eventually taylor arrived and she was having a breakdown seeing our little girl in this state. "hey gorgeous, it's okay." i wrapped my arms around her to try and calm her down. "did any of the tests come back yet?" she sat on the edge of the bed next to gracie.

    "not yet. but i think she said they will be back soon." i assured her. we could only pray that they were all good. but there's no way this is just the flu.

    after what felt like forever, a doctor finally came in the room. "i have some news about the little one."

   "so the x ray is showing us that her lungs never fully developed and i guess they didn't catch that when she was born. and her body just doesn't take illness well we assume. the fever should come down to a regular temperature soon. we're going to keep you guys here overnight just to keep an eye on her." she explained and then handed us some more blankets.

      a sigh of relief came from my mouth. i'm so happy she's okay.  gracie looked around at taylor and i and giggled at our faces. "we love you gracelyn." we both placed a kiss on her forehead.