angel in the sky

travis kelce's pov

    i don't know what to do anymore. taylor won't get out of bed unless it's to use the. bathroom. all gracie wants is her mommy and taylor just isn't in the right headspace to take care of her. i'm doing my best but it's hard.

     it was around the middle of the day and gracie was taking her nap, "taylor, you need to get up." i shook her. her face was still stained with tears. "no." she said sternly.

     "tay, you're performing in six hours. come on." i took the blanket off of her cold body. "i'm not fucking performing travis! leave me alone!" he ripped the blanket from my hand. i was hurt, but i knew she didn't actually mean it.

     her shouting woke gracie up, "hey baby girl!" i slowly opened the door to reveal the wailing toddler.
she was upset that her mommy wanted nothing to do with her. and i completely understand, im upset too. but just because something goes wrong doesn't mean everything in your life stops.

     i brought gracie out to the living room and began preparing her a snack. she waddled down the hallway and pushed our bedroom door open. "mama?" she said in a faint, sad voice. i went over to the door to get her and not wake taylor as she would be angry.

     gracie climbed her way into bed and cuddled up next to taylor. "mama sad?" she looked at taylor with her big blue eyes. i didn't even realize taylor was awake, "yeah honey, mama is sad." she brought up a hand to cover her face. i stood in the doorway observing, not wanting to interrupt this special moment.

     "baby?" gracie asked and placed her hands on the small belly that taylor still had left. "no sweet girl, no baby. she's in heaven now." tears fell down taylor's cheeks. gracie pointed to the ceiling and pouted. "why?"

     "well, baby wasn't quite ready to come live with us on earth. but she will always be up in heaven watching us." she reached her arms out and gracie snuggled in. watching this whole thing made me start to cry.

     i let them lay there for a while. "gracie, do you want your snack?" i stood in the doorway once again. "snack!" she yelled and sprinted out of bed almost taking a tumble. i set her up at her high chair and went to talk to taylor.

      "hey gorgeous." i sat on the edge of the bed. she wiped the tears from her face and looked at me, "im sorry for yelling. you were just looking out for me." she sighed.

     "tay i know you're going through a lot right now, we all are. but it's important that you care about yourself too." i then put a hand out and helped her out of bed. she went straight for the shower and i went to help gracie.

     "dada?" gracie set her fork down and looked at me. "yes baby girl?" i reply. "what baby name?"

      it took me a minute to respond. we had decided a name yet we never told anyone. "her name is aria marjorie." i smiled. "pretty!" she giggled.

     it took us a while to agree on a name. we knew we wanted to incorporate marjorie somewhere in honor of taylor's grandmother. and we both just fell in love with the name aria. i'm glad gracie likes it too.

     the bathroom door opened and steam escaped. my beautiful girlfriend then came into the kitchen. "hey. you doing alright?" i placed a kiss on her forehead. "as alright as im gonna get i suppose." she sighed.

    i honestly don't think there's anything that will make her not think this is her fault. she just needs to go at her own pace.

     gracie showed her some art we've been working on that she was so proud of. "mama look! it's me, you, dada, and aria!" she struggled to say aria's name. taylor's face went blank. in the photo, taylor was hold aria. but she had small wings. gracie was extremely proud of the drawing and got a tad upset when taylor didn't say anything.

     "good job sweetie. let's hang it up." taylor took the drawing and stuck it on the fridge with a magnet, next to a picture gracie had previously drawn when taylor was still pregnant.

      taylor trailed off to our bedroom to get changed. as gracie continued to color, i followed taylor in. she was stand sideways in the mirror looking at her belly. a few tears fell down her cheeks. she noticed i was standing there and quickly wiped her face.

     i slowly walked over to her, towering over her. no words exchanged, she just wrapped her arms around me and cried. i rubbed her back and head. "it was all for nothing travis." a choked sob escaped her mouth. "no it wasn't. she will always be with us tay." i tried to calm her down but she just sobbed into my chest.

     "gorgeous, i just need you to get dressed and then we can sit on the couch and cuddle and watch whatever you want." i kissed her damp head.

——————

     i set gracie up on the couch with a bottle hoping she might take another nap as her last one was cut short. taylor came out wearing sweats and her hair in a messy bun. "come here beautiful." i reached my arms out and she laid down next to me. "i look disgusting." she sighed.

     i slipped my hand underneath her hoodie and rested it on her bare stomach. she flinched at my touch. we watched movies until she had to get up and get going for the concert.

     she really didn't want to perform but it's the last show and everyone would be so disappointed.

————————

taylor swift's pov

     as i was preparing for the concert i put my lover bodysuit on, only to see that it was now too big. the spot where my belly used to be was now empty. i then put my old one on from the beginning of the tour. "oh aria.." i mumbled to myself.

     it was now everyone's favorite part of the show, surprise songs. on the guitar i chose to sing "bigger than the whole sky." in honor of aria. as i strummed the guitar, my eyes eyes started to well with tears. i couldn't barely continue the song. but then i looked to the sky and saw a gorgeous sunset, and i knew my girl was there..

authors note:

  maybe taylor's depression is gone!! for now..