dear aria

travis kelce's pov

the past few days have been rough. taylor's emotions are up and down. i have basically had to put football behind me for right now. the season hasn't started yet but i've missed basically every practice. but i need to be there for taylor and gracie.

taylor refuses to tell me anything that she's feeling so it's hard having to guess all the time. i've learned over time that she bottles up her emotions until she explodes. i have tried everything to get her to open up but she just won't. she's also officially done the tour and i think that was the only thing that kept her going.

the only time she will talk about aria or anything having to do with her is the funeral. it's a day we've all been dreading but it has to happen. it hurts me having to see her like this but there's nothing i can do. i've already lost my baby and i feel like im losing her too.

taylor was cuddled up on the couch with a blanket watching a show. gracie kept nagging me to go lay with her but i had to tell her she wasn't in a good mood. of course toddlers don't listen and she went over there anyway. i know taylor would never yell at gracie or admit she was annoying her but i know she needs alone time.

"mama! color?" gracie tugged at the blanket. a smile appeared on taylor's face for the first time in days. "not right now baby girl." she played with her blonde curls for a moment. gracie's lip quivered and she began to cry. she threw her crayons on the floor and screamed at the top of her lungs.

taylor looked back and gave me the please deal with her look. i hurried over to try and calm the wailing toddler. "gracelyn. you are going to stop throwing a tantrum right now or you're going to have to sit in your room for five minutes." i picked her up and brought her to the kitchen.

taylor hates when i punish her but it needs to be done. of course she continued to scream her little head off so i had no choice but to put her in her room.

we don't lock her in there because we're not evil, but everytime she leaves the room, her time restarts.

———————

taylor swift's pov

it was officially the day of aria's funeral. i've been dreading this day but i knew it had to happen. i wasn't quite ready to say goodbye.

my whole family arrived at the church along with travis's. i've been a mess these past few days and i knew i would not be able to hold it together today.

the ceremony started and i couldn't keep my eyes off of the tiny white casket at the front of the church.

i made my way to the front of the church as it was time for my speech. i felt eyes on me from every pew.

i took a deep breath and locked eyes with travis before i began. "today we are celebrating aria marjorie swift-kelce. her life was ended before it even began. i always pictured myself with two little girls, giggling, gossiping, being built in best friends. and six months ago i thought i achieved that. now, we sit here, mourning the life that could've been. my daughter, gracelyn, will grow up wondering, was i supposed to be a big sister? dear aria, please watch over us, my little angel." a choked sob escaped my mouth as i concluded my speech.

my sleeve caught my tears as i made my way back to my seat. travis held me tight and i could feel everyone staring. gracie wiggled around as she had no idea what was going on. my speech had everyone crying.

    when the ceremony was over we all went to the cemetery. i cried the whole car ride there and the entire time they put her tiny casket in the ground.

     everyone came over to our house to eat. gracie and the other girls played in the yard without a thought about what was happening. "mama play?" gracie tugged at my dress. "not right now honey, go ask daddy." she ran off to go bother travis.

    gracie dragged travis out into the backyard and the other girls squealed when they saw him. i sat at the kitchen island and watched travis play with the girls. kylie sat next to me and gave me a soft hug.

      "hey." she smiled. "hey ky." a forced smile appeared on my face. "he's so great with them, he was always meant to be a dad." her gaze shifted to outside. my eyes met travis's and his eyes crinkled up and he grinned. then, a real smile appeared on my face.

      "oh you guys are so in love." kylie teased. "he just gets me, you know?" i replied. the conversation led to me talking about how in love i was with travis and my mind completely forgot about everything i was worried about.

      he came inside once the girls got hungry and came up behind me and kissed my neck. "there's that smile." he chuckled and grabbed a plate for gracie.

———————

      later on once everyone had left and gracie was asleep, i cuddled up with travis on the couch. "what were you and kylie talking about earlier?" he ran his fingers through my hair which always calms me down. "funny thing, we were actually talking about you." i giggled.

     "seems like someone can't get enough of me." he teased. "maybe i can't." i brought a hand up to his face and cupped his cheek. my face heated up and i leaned in closer to his face. he tilted his head and our lips met.

       one thing led to another and our clothes were on the floor. gracie had made her way out of her room and into the living room.

      "mama? dada?" gracie pouted with a stuffed animal in her hand. i quickly covered myself with a blanket and my face turned red. "fuck." travis mumbled.

      "nightmare.." gracie's lip trembled. "why don't you go to your room and mommy will be there in a minute." i shooed her to the hallway. she waddled back into her room and travis and i quickly got dressed.

      "that was close." i was cracking up. poor girl is scarred for life after seeing that.

authors note:

this chapter went from sad to umm idk. poor gracelyn...