Chapter 27: A Day of Sightseeing

(Hello, author here. First, sorry for the long wait. Secondly, this chapter is both longer and lewder than the other chapters. Thirdly, I'll try to publish more often. Anyway, I don't have much else to say, so hope you like the chapter.)

Y/N's POV

I woke up to an unpleasant itch on my back. Groggily, I kept my eyes closed and tried to scratch the itch I've felt for some years.

However, I quickly realized the arm I tried to use was trapped. So, I opened my eyes to see why it was trapped.

My arm was under Megumin's body as I laid on my side. The other arm was free, but I didn't even try to scratch the itch after opening my eyes.

Megumin was awake and staring at me with half-lidded eyes. Her cheeks were pink and her lips were slightly parted, and I felt her breath on my face.

One of her arms was under my neck while the other was free.

I also felt my arm getting static or tingly, but let's ignore that.

There're more important things to think about.

... What happened last night? I can't remember right now.

But let's think about this rationally.

Okay, so, I don't have a shirt on, I'm more or less hugging Megumin, she's looking at me with an expression I've never seen before, and one of the buttons on her pajama is unbuttoned.

...

I see. So that's what happened.

As I was thinking, Megumin spoke up. Probably noticed I woke up.

Megumin: "Morning."

Y/N: "Oh, morning... How long have you been awake?"

Megumin: "Just a couple of minutes. Decided to let you sleep a little more."

Y/N: "Uh-huh... Did you sleep well?"

Before answering, Megumin placed a hand on my free arm. As she slid her hand over my arm, she answered.

Megumin: "Better than in a long time. Although my arm is starting to tingle."

Y/N: "Ah, yeah. Same here, actually."

With silent mutual understanding, I lifted my head so Megumin could pull her arm away. In turn, she lifted herself off my arm and I withdrew it.

My arm started to tingle more, and I reacted by making a face as I held my arm. Megumin giggled at this, even though I'm pretty sure she was feeling the same sensation.

Y/N: "What's so funny, huh?"

Megumin: "Nothing. Just wondering how you react more to a tingling arm than a severed muscle."

I don't see how that's funny. Besides, I had adrenaline coursing through me back then. It's a little different.

I didn't answer Megumin. I didn't feel like it. One more chuckle later, Megumin took a breath and looked up at me again.

Megumin: "By the way, you twitch in your sleep."

Y/N: "So what? I bet you, uh... I bet you snore."

Megumin: "I don't, but you do."

Y/N: "Huh? I do?"

Megumin nodded at me, a slightly more serious expression on her face. I didn't say anything back, probably because I found out something new about me.