Chapter 26: A Night Together

(Hey, author here. There's not much to say right now, except that I'm seriously milking this. I might have to leave some stuff out from now on. Anyway, hope you enjoy the chapter.)

As the party was still taking in the scenery of the village, Megumin on Y/N's back, Bukkoroli stepped away from them.

Bukkoroli: "Well then, we'll resume our patrol."

The members of the anti-Demon King army guerrilla unit got together and began chanting.

Bukkoroli: "Goodbye!"

With that, the unit vanished into thin air. Y/N and Kazuma let out an impressed "Ooh" at the same time, admiring the way real mages operate.

Kazuma: "Those guys were really cool. Just like experienced combat experts."

Y/N: "For real. They really know how to make a grand exit."

Megumin: "Heh. I bet they're smiling with glee somewhere nearby."

Y&K: "Hmm?"

Hearing the Crimson Demon who was more or less hugging Y/N from behind, Y/N and Kazuma turned to look at her with confused faces.

Kazuma: "Nearby? What's that mean?"

Y/N: "Was that not teleport? Didn't they teleport back into battle?"

Yunyun: "They used light refraction magic to turn invisible. Teleport uses lots of mana, so they'd run out of it if they'd use it frequently. They probably just wanted to make a cool exit- Ouch!"

A pebble flew straight at Yunyun's forehead from where Bukkoroli and the others were a moment ago. Yunyun clutched her forehead as Y/N and Kazuma turned to look back there.

Kazuma: 'So they actually are there...'

Y/N: 'So uncool.'

Megumin: "Also, light refraction magic puts up a barrier around a specific target, obscuring the view of the inside from the outside. Basically, you can see them if you go near enough."

Y/N: "So it's just a worse version of Lurk."

Kazuma: "Maybe yours."

Suddenly, Aqua took a few steps forward as she heard Megumin's explanation, a curious expression on her face.

?: "...!"

A gasp was heard, followed by sounds of fast, retreating footsteps. Aqua stared in front of her without moving for a moment.

Aqua: "..."

?: "..."

Out of nowhere, Aqua began running forward. As she did, the sound of multiple people running away was heard.

Kazuma: 'Don't do that...'

Y/N: "... I'm gonna follow-"

Megumin: "No."

When Y/N prepared to follow the running Aqua, Megumin interrupted him by tightening her hug, especially around Y/N's neck. Y/N took the hint and stood in place with the others for a while.

After watching Aqua running after something invisible for a minute or so, the party entered the Crimson Demon village. They headed for Yunyun's home, in hopes of getting a better understanding of the situation in the village.

Aqua soon joined them, having had enough of chasing the Crimson Demons.

Aqua: "They really are something. Even with my speed, I couldn't catch up to them."