Chapter 13: A Beginner Dungeon

(Hello. Author here. Sorry for the longer than usual wait. I couldn't decide on what to do at some points, and I rewrote this a lot. But I'm pretty happy with this, so I hope you enjoy. Although I'm unsure of one spot, but... roll with it. Anyway, enjoy. And thanks for reading.)

Y&M: "Bakuretsu, bakuretsu, la-la-la!"

Even though these two had a bath together, they continued their daily explosion walks like nothing happened. Because nothing happened.

Megumin: "Explosion!"

Not like they had much to do since they're in debt and they don't have money.

Megumin: "-losion!"

Still, they went to the castle every day. Even rainy days.

Megumin: "-sion!"

On snowy days.

Megumin: "-ion!"

On peaceful afternoons.

Megumin: "-n!"

Wow, this one was good. Megumin cast explosion on a lake and the water shot up, making a rainbow. Once again, she fell down on her face.

Megumin: "Such a lovely rainbow, isn't it? I give this 120 points!"

Y/N: "Yes, yes, very lovely. 90 points."

Megumin: "What?! That was at least 100 points!"

Y/N: "Nuh-uh. 90 points. That's final."

Megumin: "Hmph. Fine. Just give me some mana."

Y/N: "Junkie."

If Megumin could move, she would have gotten on Y/N's back and strangled him. But she couldn't, so she made do with looking at him angrily.

Megumin: "Carry me, then."

Y/N: "Will do."

So, Y/N picked up Megumin with his weird signature way, and Megumin wrapped her arms around Y/N. Relaxing against it, she sighed.

Megumin: 'His back feels so nice... I like it.'

She shut her eyes and rested her head on Y/N's shoulder. Y/N, meanwhile, was enjoying how she felt against his back. Not in a lewd way, mind you, but the way her body felt against him was so very endearing to him.

Y/N: 'I wonder why I like this so much. Well, I am touch deprived. Maybe that's why."

Ah, he's such a dense dumbass. Still, the two walked back to town without saying much more.

Tomorrow

While Aqua and Megumin were off somewhere, Y/N and Kazuma were sitting at a table, each with a glass of water. They were too poor to buy any food, and hadn't eaten in days. Y/N's stomach made a sound, and he drank his water.

Y/N: "... Bro."

Kazuma: "What?"

Y/N: "... I'm Batman."

Kazuma: "Oh, boy. Looks like hunger made you lose your mind."

Y/N: "Na na na na na na na na na na na na Batman!"

Kazuma: "Yeah, he lost it."

Kazuma watched as Y/N was bopping his head back and forth rhythmically while singing quietly. That continued for a while until Megumin and Aqua walked up to them.

Megumin: "What's Y/N doing?"

Kazuma: "I think the hunger got to him, making him go insane. He's spouting nonsense."