♡CHAPTER 21♡

''Can you believe it? You completely forgot your special someone's birthday?'' she exclaimed, facepalming herself.

"I didn't even know his birth date,'' I admitted, glancing down at my finger. "All the information I had, came from my cousin brother Ranvijay, who told me that Adhrit never celebrated his birthday.''

"Well, at least you were lucky enough to find out,'' Vani remarked.

"That's true,'' I replied, a small smile creeping onto my face.

'"Alright, now let's bake a cake,'' she said, looking at me expectantly.

"Why do I have to bake one when I can just buy it?'' I questioned, causing her to once again smack her forehead.

"Because of you, I'll have a red mark on my forehead. Tomorrow, I have a date with Agastya, and if he sees me like this, it'll be all your fault,'' she complained, observing her reddened forehead in the mirror. "Besides, true feelings can't be bought. They can only be expressed by making something special for someone special on their special day,'' she explained, turning around and flashing a smile.

"But what about the ingredients?'' I inquired, uncertain.

"Lucky for you, I have them. I was trying to bake some cupcakes for Agastya,'' she revealed with a Cheshire Cat grin.

"Then shall we get started?'' I suggested, to which she nodded eagerly.

"But....I have no idea what his favourite flavour is!" I exclaimed, and Vani shook her head disapprovingly.

"What do you even know about him?" she asked, causing me to pout in response.

"At least ask your cousin if he knows anything," she suggested, pointing toward my phone.

"Miss, he might be busy working. I can't just randomly call him, and besides, he wasn't that close to Adhrit. They were just classmates," I explained, flopping down onto the chair beside me.

"Ugh! It seems like this person has no close friends who might know his likes and dislikes. Only he seems to know," Vani huffed.

"So, should I ask him?" I questioned genuinely

"Are you kidding?" she retorted

"But if not him, then who will tell us?" I asked, feeling defeated. I should have asked Adhrit about his preferences instead of arguing with him all the time.

"We'll have to rely on our instincts. I have four flavours: vanilla, chocolate, strawberry and butterscotch. Choose one," she said, and I pondered for a moment before concluding.

"Vanilla is too basic, and I love chocolate. I have a hunch that he might not like strawberries. Therefore, I'll go with butterscotch," I declared with a smile.

"Thank you for that explanation. Two points for Miss Arora," she said, clapping her hands.

I playfully nudged her arm.

"Come to think of it, I'm not sure if he likes or dislikes sweet things in general," I mused aloud.

"What do you think? Should we cancel the cake?" she asked, and I shook my head.

"I'm going to make the cake, but I'll also make a cheesecake," I announced, snapping my fingers together.

"Fine, if you want to make two, then let's hurry. Otherwise, you'll be late," she said, and I eagerly nodded my head.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"Wow, the aroma coming from both of them is delightful. I can't resist any longer, let's get them packed up quickly," she exclaimed with excitement.