Phone Call

Onika Jones//Oni
-------------------------

At first I wasn't that mad but now I am. Why'd he keep trying to dodge the question?
What was he really doing at her house?
At this point I couldn't care less. I just sighed and entered the shower, tryna lighten my mind.

I got out and did my skincare and the rest of my hygiene. I got dressed and was about to go to bed when Lamar came in with a towel hanging on his shoulder. He was wearing his boxers and a plain white shirt, guessing he took a shower in the guest room.

"Nothing happened." He said, walking past me.

I didn't say anything, I just scoffed and got under the covers.

"You'on believe me?" He raised one eyebrow as he leaned his back against the wall.

"It ain't that. Why'd you not tell me you were at her place yesterday already?" I folded my arms over my chest.

"Ian know it would've been a big problem" he tried defending himself but it just sounded stupid.

"Wow. What were you even doing there?" I asked. I really wanted to know if they kissed or did anything.

"I wanted to talk to her." He said I laughed as I shook my head.

"There wasn't any funny business doe. Wanted to know if that baby really mind or not. I know foe a fact I pulled out in time." He said.

"Why couldn't you just ask her over the phone? What was the need for going to her house fucking late at night and staying there for long!" I raised my voice. I was just getting so fucking angry.

"Ey ey hol'up now. It wasn't late. It was 8pm and I was with Black. We was just coming from somewhere and I decided to stop by since we was in her neighborhood." I looked at him as if I didn't understand what he just said.

"Now why the fuck she said y'all kissed and almost had sex?" I already knew the answer and it just made me look dumb.

"The fuck must I know?" He shrugged with a frown.

"Lamar just tell me the truth? Did y'all have sex and did you really go there just to talk?" I air quoted the last part.

He looked at me as if I was crazy and I just mugged him.

"You think I would do that?" He frowned even more.

"Just answer the goddamn question. Yes or fucking no!" My voice raised again.

"Funny how you think I would do that." He scoffed.

"Just answer-"

"Onika don't. Why would I even do that? Let alone lie to yo face." He shook his head.

"So you didn't?" Again, I knew the answer and it just made me look dumb.

"Ma you know I wouldn't do anything to hurt you." He knelt before me.

I just kept quiet and looked down at my lap. He lifted my chin and made me look at him. I hadn't even noticed that a tear rolled down my cheek. He kissed my tear, then my forehead and then my lips.