♡CHAPTER 22♡

Miss Bhatt requested, "Could you please make twenty copies of this document and store them in the conference room?" I nodded with a smile and took the document to begin making the copies.

Once I finished, I headed to the elevator and made my way to the eleventh floor. As I entered the conference room, I noticed Mrs. Gupta organizing some files. I greeted her with a smile and placed the files on the table, ensuring each had its own space.

"Where is sir? He doesn't appear to be in the office," I inquired, and Mrs. Gupta nodded in response.

"He is attending a meeting at another company. He will be here shortly to attend this meeting," she explained, smiling.

I nodded in understanding. Just as I was about to continue with my tasks, my phone rang.

"Help me!! Please help me!!" cried the person on the other end of the line.

Curious, I asked, "Who are you?" However, the phone displayed an unknown number with no name attached.

"I am the girl you met at the café. Please, meet me at Narnia Park, right next to the café. I urgently request your presence!" she pleaded, sobbing over the phone.

"Alright, alright, calm down. I'll be there in a minute," I assured her before ending the call.

Mrs. Gupta noticed my concern and asked, "Is everything alright?"

"No, I need to leave immediately," I replied, and Mrs. Gupta nodded solemnly.

I hurried towards the exit when I heard a noise behind me.

I turned around to find Mrs. Gupta on the verge of collapsing. Without hesitation, I rushed to her side and helped her sit in one of the nearby chairs. I grabbed a glass and filled it with water, ensuring she drank it to regain her composure.

"Are you alright?" I inquired, to which she slowly nodded.

"I'm fine, this is normal for me. You should go, someone is waiting for you," she replied, taking deep breaths.

"But I should take care of you too," I insisted.

"There are others here. Go to the person who called you in their time of need, you might be their only comfort," she advised, and I gave a brief nod.

I exited the conference room, informed Miss Bhatt, and asked her to look after Mrs. Gupta. Taking a taxi, I headed to Narnia Park, worried about her well-being.

Upon arrival, I searched for her but couldn't find her. I called the number from which I received the call, and she answered.

"You're here?!" she exclaimed.

"Yes, but where are you?" I inquired.

Spotting her in a yellow hoodie, she revealed her face and waved at me.

As I approached her, she hugged me tightly.

"I'm sorry for not telling you sooner, I thought I could handle it," she confessed tearfully as I comforted her.

"What has happened? Tell me," I said comforting her.

She sniffed, so I gently moved her aside, made her sit on the bench, and crouched down to rub her hair from her face.

"The truth is, I am...," she said, her lips quivering as tears fell uncontrollably. "I'll tell you, my name is Tanya, Tanya Chopra," she said, looking down before slowly meeting my eyes.

For a moment, I didn't understand, but when everything clicked, my hand flew to my mouth.

Did that horrible uncle of mine have a daughter?