♡CHAPTER 23♡

"Are you napping?" I inquired.

"Do you believe it's feasible to doze off in this position?" He replied, his eyes still shut.

"Well, at least chat with me," I suggested, and he opened his eyes.

"About what?" He questioned.

"Anything," I responded, and he closed his eyes once more.

I nudged his arm. "Let's engage in a game," I proposed.

"A game?" He inquired, then opened his eyes again. "What kind?" He added, and I nodded, contemplating.

"Let's take turns asking each other questions," I suggested.

"What sort of questions?" He asked, looking visibly sceptical.

I knew, deep down, that as soon as I finished explaining the game, he wouldn't want to play.

But I was determined to make him play.

"Alright, I'll go first," I declared, thinking of a question.

"I never agreed to play t..."

"What's your favourite colour?" I asked, aware that it was a simple question, but I wanted to know these basic things about him.

"Seriously?" He exclaimed, his gaze fixed on me. "Black," he added, raising an eyebrow. "And yours?"

"Lavender," I replied, turning my body to face him completely. "Next, I'll ask you another question."

"Why? Shouldn't it be my turn?" Adhrit questioned.

"But you already asked me a question," I pointed out, causing him to furrow his brow.

After realizing his mistake, he nodded in agreement.

"How do you spend your free time?" I inquired, and he shot me a look filled with resentment.

"I don't have free time," he stated, sitting up straight.

"No, you work during your free time," I remarked, shaking my head while letting out a sigh. "Okay, now it's your turn," I added, waiting for his response. He pondered for a moment.

"I don't think I have any questions in mind," he admitted, looking at me.

"Then?" I questioned, curious about his decision.

"We can end this here," he suggested, closing his eyes once again.

Ugh! Why is it so difficult to get him to open up? Very well, then.

As I was to ask another question when he said,

"Thanks for yesterday," he said, his eyes closed

I remained silent. For a moment, what was he referring to?

"Is it about your birthday?" I asked and he nodded

"That's nothing, anybody would have done that," I said being a bit coy

"You're the first person who's done that," he said, tilting his head to look at me. "Especially giving me roses. That was something completely new," he added. I felt a wave of warmth spreading across my cheeks and ears.

"I-I...."
I was too overwhelmed with this situation and to divert it I thought of continuing with the game.

"Have you ever loved or had strong feelings for someone outside of your family?" I asked, and his eyes lazily opened as he scoffed.

''What exactly are you thinking, huh?'' He asked, lightly tapping my head.

I instinctively rubbed the spot with my hand.