♡CHAPTER 27♡

My tired eyes struggled to open, but I managed to crack them open and take in the sight of the unfamiliar ceiling above me.

Had Adhrit given the interior a makeover?

I pondered silently, trying to make sense of my surroundings.

Startled by the sudden realization, I shot up in bed, clutching my shirt, and surveyed the room.

Wrapped in a cosy blanket, I couldn't help but notice the pounding headache that plagued me.

Usually, my headaches disappear after a good night's sleep, but this time was different - the pain persisted even after waking up.

Looking down, I noticed that my shirt was unbuttoned, leaving me in my undershirt.

As I glanced around, it became clear that I was in a hotel room.

Memories of the previous day flooded back, as I recalled the unsettling behaviour of Mr Rathore. My wide eyes widened further as I remembered that my drink had been spiked.

Just as I was about to get up, my gaze landed on Adhrit, sitting in a chair beside my bed.

His head rested against the wall, arms folded across his chest, and his hair tousled. Even in this uncomfortable position, he exuded an undeniable allure. How could someone look so enchanting this early in the morning, and such a position?

Instead of standing up, I chose to stay seated, feeling a sense of calmness wash over me in his presence. It was as if my heart and mind found solace in knowing that he had been with me during the difficult night.

I was relieved that it was him, and not someone else.

With a smile on my face, I gently brushed aside the stray strands of hair that fell on his face, admiring his breathtakingly divine features.

If he had been by my side, I doubt I would have done anything foolish. But then again, what if I did?

It's possible. I removed my hand from his face and started to think hard, trying to recall any fragments of memories, but my efforts proved fruitless.

All I got was a pounding headache. What if I had just rambled on about the past and spilt my secrets?

I groaned in pain.

"You're awake?" Adhrit asked, opening his eyes halfway.

He stretched his neck and shoulders, then glanced at me, rubbing his eyes sleepily.

"Yes," I replied.

He does look like a child, so cute. He nodded his head, smiling tightly.

"By the way, how are you feeling?" he asked, and I lightly touched my forehead.

"I have a slight headache," I answered, and he moved closer, gently touching my forehead as well.

"Does it hurt? Then I'll go get you some medicine," he said, getting up from his seat.

Should I ask him if I said or did something strange?

"Um, did I perhaps say or do something unusual?" I asked, holding onto his hand to stop him from leaving.

He froze in place and slowly turned to face me.

"You don't remember anything, do you?" he asked, and I shook my head.

"Good. It wasn't important, nothing worth remembering," he replied with a faint smile before walking away.

Was that true? If I had done something, he wouldn't have given such a simple response.