Shrimp Gumbo

The rest of the day flew by fast after the morning. Nothing odd had happened today just the usual exercises, paperwork,meals and movies. Alastor had spent his day working with Charlie on new ideas for the hotel and some other ways to advertise it.

By the time they both were done it was later in the afternoon around dinner time. Because Lucifer had make breakfast and lunch today alastor put it upon himself to cook dinner. Alastor didn't mind cooking for the others at all ,in fact he could say he enjoyed doing it.

The others noticed a change on the atmosphere of the hotel, the ratty bickering was no where to be found from Lucifer or alastor. It seemed as though the two simply just tolerated each other, no taunting,fighting or anything else was  done between the two.

Charlie noticed the change first and beamed with excitement about alastor and her dad getting along. She wanted them to get along ever since they started fighting, she hated the unnecessary bickering about everything. Vaggie didn't mind the new change it brought Charlie happiness and that was all that mattered to her. Husk noticed how alastor acted around Lucifer, the settled smiles and laughter that was shared between the two was enough for husk to suspect something was up. Alastor never acted so , sweet?

If he did it was for something bigger. Husk had his suspicions about it all but knew his place, even without him owning his soul alastor was still very much a threat to anyone who stood in the way of his plans. Another thing that husk was still focused on was what happened the night of the party.

Why would alastor simply give up a soul... unless he didn't have a choice? Husk remembered how everything shook around him that night as the lights turned off and green cracks appeared with golden seals closing them. The only time this happened was when he made a deal with someone, the big question was.

Was it Lucifer? And if so what does alastor have planed? The thought of how alastor was so good at manipulation and tactics, also how he used that knowledge to his advantage all the time made husk began to silently panic at the thought of what sick plan he had up his sleeve. Angel noticed the change too he began to joke about them fucking to husk all the time just to bother him in a silly manner.

When alastor looked at his watch he saw the time (5:30).

"Charlie my dear, if you'll excuse me I have to go make dinner for the hotel." He said to Charlie as he finished the paperwork. And began to walk to the kitchen

"Ok alastor thank you for your help today." Charlie said walking out with him and then going over to vaggie as alastor walked to the kitchen.

The kitchen in the hotel was a modern kitchen set off the side from the living area parted by a wall that turned to the side. Alastor walked into the kitchen he figured that since he was alone he would listen to some music while he cooked.

He spawned in his personal radio and tied his hair into a messy short ponytail. Wearing an old black apron He turned on his radio and set the heat to a low as began to boil broth while cutting vegetables. Each action he did while cooking was pure and full of love. The song playing on the radio was his favorite tune he'd listen to it to over and over again, no matter how many times he heard it he never got sick of it. The tune was his mothers lullaby, she sung that song to him every night to get his to rest while he was alive.

The amazing smells in the air and the sweet singing of his mother brought alastor back to when he was a child and alive. The times before all the disasters took place. The gumbo he was making was his mothers recipe he knew it by heart at this point. As he stirred the vegetables into the broth and added sauce and shrimp he lost himself while waiting for the food to finish.

~flashback~
:(New Orleans early 20th century):

"Alastor darling dinners ready come inside before it gets cold!"
A young woman said with a thick Louisianan accent sweet and soft as honey. She stood from the door frame of an old brick house that looked like a cottage of some type. She was dressed in a pale yellow dress with an apron tied around her waist that went down to her black shoes. The woman had short brown curly hair with dark tan skin and light freckles spread across her face as she smiled ear to ear.