Chapter 3 Snakebit Part 2/4

*your pov*

You all quickly rushed outside to meet Jay’s parents.

“Mom, Dad, what are you doing here?” Jay asked, slouching over and shoving his arms out in a questioning position.

“Oh, look, it’s my baby boy.” who you guessed to be Jay’s Mom. Which made you chuckle. “It’s been so long since we’ve heard from you.” 

“Ma, I called you two days ago.” Jay reminded her.

“Well it’s not soon enough.” Jay’s Dad said, “ when are you coming down to the junkyard? You say you're coming, and then you don’t.” 

“Dad, do we have to talk about the junkyard in front of my friends?” he said, you could tell he was embarrassed of the subject.

“He hates it when we tell people he was born in a junkyard.” Jay’s Mom explained, giving him a cheeky look. ‘I like her’ you thought. ‘Oh and this must be Nya. “ she said walking up to you. “You are so cute, you are just my son’s type.” you could feel your face go red, but the thing that stood out most, was that you could feel Cole tens up beside you.

“Oh. Thank you… But I’m not Nya, or Jay’s type.” you say the last part a little quieter, “this is Nya, and I’m Y/n,” you say, introducing Nya and yourself, as Nya walks in between you and Jay.

“Mom…” Jay said, definitely more embarrassed now, then about the junkyard.

“It’s a pleasure meeting you.” Nya cut in, “I’m sure if you want, Jay can give you the tour, he worked very hard on it.”

“We’de love a tour.” Jay’s parents say, throwing their arms up, while Jay sighed.

*     *     *

You sat out for most of the tour, but it was inevitable you would bump into them, or they would bump into you.

And they ran into you, while you were looking for Serpentine, in the Bridge.

“And this is the Bridge.” you heard Jay say, you turned around, to see the tour party entering the Bridge.

“This extends into a periscope.” Jay explained, as you turned back to snake hunting.

“This tells us what’s happening in Ninjago.” Jay said, still looking through the periscope, “and this… if a Serpentine’s not giving us the answers we want, and we’re up late at night…” Jay said but was interrupted by his Mom guessing.

“A neuro appliance to read their minds?” she asked with a lot of excitement.

“An audio appliance to make them talk?” This time it was his Dad, throwing his arm in the air, like a little kind, in school.

“No, a cappuccino machine.” Jay answered, with a disappointed look.

“Haha. Amazing, son.” His dad said, “we’re so proud of you.”

“Why don’t you tell them about the button?” you ask, not looking up from your computer.

“It’s not ready yet.” Jay said, you could feel him glaring at you.

“Oh what’s the button?” Jay’s Mom asked.

“He’s working on a special defence system.” Zane explained.

“Something every ninja headquarters needs.” This was Kai.

“Oh, really? What does it do?” Jay’s Dad asks, which makes you look up, as you too want to know. “Can I help?”