Chapter 44: Merry Christmas

🎶 Half a Heart — One Direction 🎶

📍 España - Valenciacata000cata Christmas and my energy level is below 0 but aranntxa__ forced me to post this

📍 España - Valencia
cata000cata Christmas and my energy level is below 0 but aranntxa__ forced me to post this

ericgm3 Why are your energy levels so low? 😏
dan_thekitguy Staring right into my soul
sharkieboy000 Stop being on Instagram and come be useful
bananaguy2 We should send a reality show team to Ferran's

"What is it?" I huffed when I came downstairs and found Ferran arranging the table. He looked weird, he was wearing dress pants and a crisp white shirt, that was almost buttoned to the top and were those... loafers?!
"Ohhh, let me guess. The rich parents of your ex are coming to church later and you want to impress them?" I chuckled amusedly.
"What?!" he exclaimed.
"Ok, I'm guessing that he's a... paediatrician and she's a professional margarita drinker at their golf club" I asked, tilting my head.

"I don't know what this attitude of yours is now, but... yeah! It felt nice talking to a girl this afternoon who makes her intentions clear!" he hissed at me.
"Yep... And who doesn't go around gold digging with athletes like I do, got it" I said and raised my eyebrows.
"Stop bickering you two and sit down next to each other. Have you found my mistletoes yet?" she asked excitedly, but only got two death stares in return.

"Just so you know it, I did put Joan in his place and defended you" he snarled at me.
"Oh, what a knight in shining armour you are. Unfortunately I can't offer you my virginity anymore for this gallantry of yours" I shot back sarcastically.
"You're a pain in the ass" he hissed.
"You brought me here!" I hissed back.
"Still bickering?!" Ari shouted from the kitchen and I leaned back on my chair, crossing my arms.

At dinner, I tried to stay clear from as much of the conversation as possible - in the end it was their family Christmas and I was just an intruder.
"Cata... Are you ok?" Maria asked me as we were putting on our coats to walk to church.
"Yeah! Yeah, everything's fine" I sighed. Everything was definitely not fine and I let them go ahead in church to sit down on a bench together while I stood in the back, waiting for time to pass, my head leant against a pillar.

After mass, everyone from the village gathered outside - it was a town where everybody knew everybody - chatting loudly, wishing each other a merry Christmas and I didn't quite know what to do or say. Ferran had found Angela, or Angela had found Ferran and as expected, her parents talked with his family for what seemed ages.
"Hey! Merry Christmas!" Alba exclaimed, as she found me standing a bit aside from the crowds, having appeared out of nowhere.
"Hey! Merry Christmas to you too" I replied and sent her the best smile I could currently put up.

"He's just trying to give you a taste of how he felt these past months, don't worry too much about it" she said when she saw what I was eyeing the whole time.
"I deserve it" I sighed.
"Just be honest about your feelings, open up to him. It actually works wonders when two people communicate properly" she chuckled and winked at me. In the corner of my eye, I saw Joan approaching us and I rolled my eyes, scoffing.