Chapter 64: Paris

🎶 Roi — Videoclub, Adèle Castillon, Mattyeux 🎶

At the end of March, Ferran had finally returned from his injury in the last 20 minutes of their home game against Las Palmas. Lately, every game was a struggle and Champions League was next. After lengthy considerations as to if I should fly to Paris for the team's first leg against PSG, I decided to go. The reason was that Sara couldn't go because of uni - and at first I didn't want to go without her because I didn't want to feel lonely, but she reminded me that next year, I'd be in her shoes, so I should enjoy this time I have now.

And thankfully, I wasn't alone, as Pedri's family was travelling to France too, and Fer introduced me to their parents, who were just lovely. We were even travelling with the team's plane and I grinned when I saw Ferran boarding it, all smartly dressed in their sponsor's suit. He spotted me on my seat in the back, next to Fer before he sat down next to Pedri at the front.

At some point mid-flight - I had dozed off ten seconds after take-off - I was shaken awake by my neighbour.
"What the-" I protested, but saw Pedri standing in the aisle at our row.
"Time to go visit loverboy, I want to sit with my family a bit" he told me and I rolled my eyes.
"I can't just go sit at the front with the players and coaches" I hissed.
"Of course you can, no one cares. Better now than late at night in a hotel room - that definitely isn't allowed" he chuckled.

I stood up and groaned.
"If someone bans me from travelling with you because I left a bad impression by doing this, I'll tell your parents about your female conquests" I hissed into his ear as I made my way to the front. I shyly said hi and sent small waves to the people I passed until I quickly sat down on Pedri's seat when I saw that Ferran was sleeping next to me, great.

"He always sleeps on trips" a guy behind me said and I turned around to see Sergi Roberto.
"I got kicked out of my seat by Pedri" I sighed, feeling the need to explain myself.
"Classic Pedri, he, on the other hand, can never say still" he replied and I chuckled. Then, he slapped Ferran from behind, who jolted awake.
"What the-" he exclaimed and turned around, but his expression softened when he saw me. "Hey" he greeted me with a smile on his face. Sergi and Koundé behind us snorted out a laugh and quickly got sent a glare by Ferran, after which they stopped and acted busy.

He rolled his eyes and turned back to me, taking my hand.
"I'm glad you came... I'm sorry it's just not with me, but rather for me..." he sighed.
"I'm happy I'm going. And thanks for... arranging..." I said and did some hand gestures. More than arranging, he was paying - for the room at least. I'm sure he would have wanted to pay for more, but I wasn't having it.

When we arrived to Paris, the team got to a hotel with a separate bus, while us other family and friends followed with another.
"It's my first time in Paris!! Have you ever been?" I asked Fer and his parents excitedly after we had freshened up from the flight and were now stepping out into the city.
"Yeah, we've already been two times for Ballon d'Or with Pedri" Fer replied and smiled.
"Fine, so, you two young, energetic people go around exploring and we'll just find that nice café we discovered last time, right!" Rosy said, clapping her hands before dragging along her husband with her and with that, we were left alone.

"We should do the Eiffel Tower first so that you get that off your girly Paris bucket list" Fer chuckled as we took the steps down to the metro.

📍 Eiffel Tower, Paris, France
cata000cata Bisous bisous 💋

sara12233 Thank God for the location tag, I wouldn't know where else you'd be
shortking30 Will give a bissu to Ferran when he's done with training
aranntxa__ I know the 💋 were for me 🤪

In the evening, we were allowed to eat all together with the team and staff, and I was overly ecstatic when I saw Ferran coming to the table with me and Pedri's family. Pedri himself and Gavi were also joining us, but I was less excited by that.
"How was your afternoon?" Ferran asked, sitting next to me.
"We went to see the Eiffel Tower" I replied and my cheeks blushed, which he noticed and laughed when he saw.
"Did you like it?" he asked and caressed my cheek as I nodded vividly.

"We thought about taking a walk in the Latin Quarter after dinner, maybe Gavi wants to join us?" I asked across the table.
"Mhm - we're already playing FIFA" he replied with a full mouth and I raised my eyebrow.
"You're in Paris on a free stay, allowed to do whatever because you're not playing, and you stay in a lousy hotel room playing video games?" I asked.
"Hey, FIFA is... important!" he defended himself.
"You're coming with us, you'll get to know the city and one day when you'll find a nice girl and take her here, you can show her around. Girls love it when a guy knows stuff" I said sternly and he just raised his hands before letting them fall onto his sides again in defeat.

The next morning after breakfast, Fer and I continued our sightseeing programme to areas he hadn't seen himself yet, while his parents still preferred to take it more slow. We visited the Invalides and the Musée Rodin before heading to the Champs-Elysées and the Arc de Triomphe. We returned to the hotel a bit knackered but just in time to have a short nap before heading to Parc des Princes.

I was wearing my Ferran jersey again tonight - worn backwards - under my coat and prayed for a win. Everyone said that PSG was a tough opponent. But Raphinha managed to open the score in the first half, making us believe that a win was possible. However, 2 goals from the French side followed quickly after half-time, before Pedri was substituted in, finally coming back after yet another injury. And he immediately made in impact, assisting Raphinha for the 2-2. Ferran finally entered the pitch in the 76th minute and just shortly after, Christensen scored the goal that would make us secure the win here on foreign soil.

We were all running high on happiness and watched the players celebrate their win. Pedri jogged over to us and we all congratulated him on his assist while I saw Ferran walk back into the tunnel. I was left a bit disappointed, I had hoped that he would swing by too to say hi. But only seconds after he ran back out again, towards me.
"Sorry, I... my head was all over, I was in auto mode and just walked back inside" he chuckled, covering his eyes.
"You forgot me?" I gasped theatrically and he hugged me over the barrier laughing.

"Not the brightest" Pedri mouthed behind him, turning his finger next to his head and I nodded.
"I already knew" I replied mouthing too, sending him a wink and he laughed.