Hemophobia(Pt.18)

Hemophobia(Pt.18)
“Unexpected Visitor…”

Eclipse laid flat on the ground, mud staining his face as he finally stopped convulsing after what felt like hours to Mariposa, and years to Luna. Not wasting any more time, Luna walked up to Eclipse with tentative steps, her hand reaching out to touch his face, feeling his cold body.

A bead of sweat went down the side of her face once she felt it and Immediately slid her hand to his neck to check his pulse. Her eyes narrowed dangerously as she waited for something, anything to give her a sign of life.

Mariposa could tell that Luna was struggling internally by how her right hand clenched the dirt beside them with enough strength to break a boulder. With a deep inhale, Mariposa steeled herself enough to reach out and comfort Luna, feeling as if she needed someone …until a spike made out of pure ice shot up and blocked her path to the grieving woman, causing Mariposa to stumble back.

“He's…alive. His heart beat is just slow..” Luna confirmed with a voice softer than how she usually conversed with anyone besides Eclipse, showing a sincere side to her.

She stumbled to her feet and wiped her eyes before looking over her shoulder to stare at Mariposa with slightly red eyes from what they assumed was crying and quickly narrowed dangerously. Turning her entire body towards Mariposa, Luna watched as the spike of ice crumbled between the two, giving her a clear shot of their face.

“The people ‘Eclipse’ killed ..I noticed something. It was hard to make out when I saw it, y'know, on the other bodies? But ..they were fruits.”

Luna took a step forward to which Mariposa immediately put their guard up in case a fight had to break out, Only for Luna to appear In front of them with ease. Her arm casually pushed theirs away while she stared deep into their soul with a gaze that could stop breathing.

“Just. Like. Yours..” she continued with a voice of disdain as Mariposa took a step back in fear.

“Listen real close. ‘Eclipse’ isn't supposed to pop out Without someone to pester her spirit.”

Mariposa tried her best to explain but Luna took another step forward to lessen the distance between the two ladies, causing Mariposa to take another step back. This continued on and on until she tripped and fell backwards, now staring up at Luna with wide eyes, scared for her life. Luna however? Only tilted her head to the left as she continued on.

“I have a sneaking suspicion.. it came from those guys specifically. If I wanted to be real with you for a second. Using a little bit of context and a lot of evidence. Eclipse tried to do the task I assigned him, only to get surrounded by your..’partners’.”

Luna crouched down Infront of Mariposa, making sure they were both eye to eye for this conversation, not wanting them to look away since eyes are the window to the soul. Her hand slid over the ground Mariposa was laying on before placing her palm right next to her leg.

“He then got beat up …knowing Eclipse, he wouldn't wanna fight back without a reason. The thought of him being hurt by your teammates makes me wanna stomp that skull of yours, but, I'll hold off.” Luna stood up, not breaking eye contact as she continued her interrogation work.

“He ended up unintentionally depending on something he shouldn't have, and seeing that her vessel was close to dying ..she popped up to stop it from happening.”