Chapter Fourteen

As Amy finished her work late into the night, she realized with a sinking feeling that her car was out of petrol. The nearest gas station was too far to walk, so she resigned herself to the quiet solitude of a nighttime walk home.

  The streets were eerily quiet as Amy walked, her steps echoing softly against the pavement. The dim glow of street lamps cast long shadows, creating an atmosphere that was both peaceful and unsettling.

  Turning a corner, Amy spotted a figure standing beneath a flickering lamp shed. Her heart skipped a beat as she recognized Rhysand Archer, the intimidating mafia leader who had disrupted their evening at Melrose Cafe. He stood with a bike parked nearby.

  Rhysand's presence sent a shiver down Amy's spine, his form outlined by the dim light. His expression was inscrutable, his gaze intense as it locked onto hers.

  Amy quickened her pace, her heart pounding in her chest as she tried to put distance between herself and Rhysand Archer. She had politely declined his offer for a ride, but now, his unexpected presence and his decision to follow her sent a chill down her spine.

  The night seemed to close in around her as she navigated the deserted streets of Nimers City, the echo of her footsteps accompanied by the faint sound of Rhysand's steady stride behind her. She resisted the urge to look back, focusing instead on reaching the safety of her home.

  With every corner turned, Amy's unease grew. She wondered why Rhysand had chosen to follow her, what his intentions were. Fear and caution warred within her as she tried to maintain her composure and stay alert.

Suddenly, a voice cut through the silence. "Excuse me wait."

  Rhysand's voice was closer now, and Amy's heart raced even faster. She knew she couldn't outrun him, nor could she afford to provoke him.

"You are Ms. Amy Rile right?"

Swallowing her fear, Amy stopped and turned to face him, keeping a safe distance between them.

"Yes I am. Who are you?", Amy asked, her voice steady despite the tremor in her hands.

Rhysand approached slowly, his movements measured. His expressions were unreadable.

"I'm Rhysand, Rhysand Archer from Archer Innova tech group of companies. I think you have seen me in Melrose café-" he began, his voice calm but authoritative.

"Whomever you can be Mr. Rhysand Archer, I need to leave.", she told as she started to walk faster.

  Amy quickened her pace, feeling Rhysand Archer's presence trailing behind her like a shadow in the night. Her heart raced with a mixture of fear and uncertainty, unsure of his intentions despite his claim of concern for her safety.

  With every turn and every step closer to her home, Amy's anxiety deepened. She resisted the urge to look back, knowing that acknowledging his pursuit might only escalate the situation. Instead, she focused on reaching the familiar comfort of her doorstep.

  The streets were eerily quiet, the occasional flicker of a street lamp casting fleeting shadows across the pavement. Amy's footsteps echoed faintly in the silence, each one a reminder of the presence just behind her.

  Finally, after what felt like an eternity, Amy arrived at her doorstep. Behind her, she sensed Rhysand's steady presence, his footsteps halting just a few paces away.

She quickly opened the door and went inside.

"Dear what happened? Why are you late? If you had told me I would stayed with you right?", his questions made her so worried.

She hugged him and told, "I'm fine daddy. Now go to sleep."

After consoling her father she went up to her room.

Instantly she opened and closed the door quietly behind her, leaning against it as she tried to steady her racing heart.

Through the frosted glass of the window, Amy caught a glimpse of Rhysand's silhouette. He stood there and she immediately closed her curtains.

  At last, Amy sank to the floor, her mind reeling with the intensity of the encounter. Rhysand Archer's unexpected presence had shaken her to the core, leaving her with more questions than answers. She doesn't want to peek out and struck with him again. So she gone to her bed but never slept.