Chapter Fifteen

Amy woke with a start, the events of the previous night still fresh in her mind. She had slept fitfully, haunted by dreams of shadows and footsteps echoing in the dark. Disoriented by the late hour, she hurried downstairs, her thoughts racing.

  As she descended into the living room, Amy froze in horror at the sight that greeted her. Her father, tied to a chair, sat in the center of the room. Standing beside him was Rhysand Archer, his presence commanding and ominous in the morning light.

"Dad!" Amy gasped, her voice catching in her throat.

Her father looked up at her with eyes filled with fear and resignation. "Amy, dear run. He—"

  Rhysand cut him off with a gesture, his expression unreadable. "Good morning, Ms. Amy Rile," he greeted calmly holding a cup of coffee, as if they were meeting under ordinary circumstances.

Amy's mind raced with fear and confusion.

"What... what is this?" she managed to choke out, her voice trembling.

Rhysand regarded her with a level gaze. "Your father owes me a debt," he explained curtly, his tone brooking no argument.

Amy's heart sank as realization dawned on her.

  She knew that her father bought money in order to enrich the company, but she never imagined they would lead to this—a dangerous encounter with a man like Rhysand Archer.

  Rhysand stepped closer, his presence dominating the room. "Your father bought a huge amount... that he couldn't repay" he continued, his words measured and deliberate. "Now, it's time to..."

  Amy's mind raced with fear and desperation. She had to think of a way to get her father out of this situation, but Rhysand's cold demeanor left little room for negotiation.

"What do you want?" Amy asked, her voice shaking with suppressed anger and fear.

Rhysand regarded her for a moment, as if weighing his options. "I want you two to come along with me".

  Amy felt a wave of helplessness wash over her. She knew she was trapped, caught in a dangerous game she had never asked to play. She accepted.

He took them to his mansion.

She saw Baron Archer father of Rhysand in a wheelchair.

  Rhysand leaned back in his chair, his expression inscrutable. "Ms. Amy Rile," he began, his voice calm but with an edge of steel, "your father's debt is substantial. We are talking about a sum that cannot be ignored or easily repaid."

  Amy swallowed hard, meeting his gaze with as much defiance as she could muster. "I understand, Mr. Archer. But my father... he's not in a position to repay it immediately. We need more time."

  Rhysand's lips curved into a cold smile. "Time is a luxury that you no longer have. However, I am willing to offer you a solution."

  He paused, letting his words sink in before continuing, "You have two options. Either your father works off the debt, which could take years given its size, or..." His eyes flicked over her, assessing, calculating. "You become my wife."

  The proposition hung in the air like a thunderclap. Amy's eyes widened in shock, her mind racing to process what he had just said.

"Marry you?" she echoed, her voice barely above a whisper.

  Rhysand nodded, his gaze never leaving hers. "Yes. Marry me, and the debt will be settled. Your father will be free from this burden. It's a simple arrangement."

  Amy felt a mix of anger and helplessness wash over her. She knew what this was—a power play, a way for Rhysand to exert control over her and her family. But what choice did she have? The weight of her father's financial troubles bore down on her, and she couldn't stand the thought of him suffering any longer.

  Taking a deep breath, she straightened her spine, meeting Rhysand's gaze with as much determination as she could muster. "If I agree to this... marriage," she said slowly, "you will forgive the entire debt? My father won't have to pay a single amount?"

  Rhysand's smile broadened, a hint of triumph in his eyes. "Exactly. Marry me, and your father's debt is cleared."

  Amy's heart pounded in her chest as she considered the enormity of what she was about to agree to. It wasn't just her future at stake, but her father's well-being as well. She had to do this—for him.

"Alright," she said finally, her voice steady despite the turmoil inside her. "I'll do it. I'll marry you."

Rhysand stood, walking around the desk to stand before her. He took her hand, his touch both reassuring and possessive.

"Good," he said softly, his eyes locking onto hers.

"We will marry soon. Prepare yourself, Amy. Your life is about to change."

  As he released her hand, Amy felt a mixture of dread and resolve. She had made her choice, and now she had to live with it. For her father's sake, she would become Rhysand's wife.

"But you have to take care of my father's..."

"I will Amy. Now he is my Father-in-law.", he smiled and Amy turned her face.