Chapter Fifty

At the hospital, the sterile smell of antiseptic and the rhythmic beeping of machines filled the room.

  Rhysand sat beside Amy, his face etched with worry. He had never felt such a mix of emotions – relief that she was safe, but an overwhelming fear for her well-being. The sight of her lying there, so vulnerable, tugged at his heart.

  Amy slowly opened her eyes, her vision adjusting to the bright lights of the hospital room. The first thing she saw was Rhysand sitting beside her, his eyes full of concern. Relief washed over him as he saw her awake. He took her hand in his, his grip gentle but firm.

"Why...you could have told me?" Rhysand asked, his voice a mix of concern and frustration.

His eyes searched hers for answers, for understanding.

Amy looked into his eyes, feeling a pang of guilt.

"I thought I could find it myself," she whispered, her voice weak but sincere.

She had wanted to protect him, to shield him from the pain of her discoveries.

"But you're not alone," Rhysand replied, his tone softening.

"You never have to face anything alone." His words were a promise, a vow of unwavering support and love.

  Tears welled up in Amy's eyes as she realized the depth of his love and care. She squeezed his hand, grateful for his unwavering support. In that moment, she knew that no matter what challenges they faced, they would always have each other. The hospital room, once cold and clinical, now felt like a sanctuary of their shared love and commitment.

  As they sat there, hand in hand, they both knew that this ordeal had only strengthened their bond. Rhysand's fierce protectiveness and Amy's resilience had seen them through the darkest of times. They had faced danger, deceit, and heartbreak, but their love had emerged stronger than ever.

Rhysand brushed a strand of hair from Amy's face, his touch tender.

  A soft knock at the door brought them back to the present. Claire entered the room, her smile warm and reassuring. She approached Amy's bedside, her eyes shining with relief.

"It's good to see you awake, Amy," she said softly, placing a gentle hand on Amy's shoulder.

Amy returned Claire's smile, feeling a surge of gratitude for her sister-in-law's presence.

"Thank you, Claire," she replied, her voice filled with emotion.

"It's we, Amy," he said softly. "Always."

  Amy nodded, her heart swelling with love and gratitude. She had never felt so deeply connected to anyone before.

"Always," she echoed, her voice filled with emotion.

  In that hospital room, surrounded by the hum of machines and the soft glow of the night, Amy and Rhysand found a new strength in each other. They were ready to face whatever the future held, knowing that their love would guide them through. Together, they were unstoppable.