Lonely

Heartstopper

Being without Treefrog was SO BORING. It was like the empty pit of nothingness in her soul was RIPPING her apart.

And she'd only been gone for a few minutes. And it was agony, because Treefrog was Heartstopper’s first friend, and she cannot lose her and WHY ARE FEELINGS SO FRUSTRATING?!

At that very moment, the black rainwing came bursting through the trees, holding a large circle fruit. "I have a watermelon!"

"Treefrog!" Heartstopper screeched, hugging her. And was it possible - might she have seen a small ping of pink among the colorless scales of her best friend?

"Missed me, huh?" Treefrog chuckled, setting the watermelon on the ground. "Eat up."

Heartstopper blinked. "The whole thing?"

"No, silly! I'll cut it." Treefrog declared, removing her dagger.

Once everything was cut, Treefrog took two pieces, and handed one to Heartstopper.

Heartstopper took a bite, and her eyes widened when she tasted the fruit.

"This is so good!"

Tanzanite

Not all stories have a happy ending. This was something that Tanza had to learn the hard way.

She still didn't know who the heck her savior was, but at least he saved her.

"Where are we going?" She asked, flapping hard to keep up with the huge mudwing.

"I'm taking you to Jade Mountain Academy." He replied, amused by her desperate wing beats.

"...Why aren't we going to the Kingdom of the Sea?" She offered, confused.

"You think I can get to the Deep Palace?" He chuckled. "I'm a mudwing."

"I know that!" She squeaked. "But what can anyone at the Jade Mountain blah-blah-blah do for me?"

"The teachers there will find something to do with you." He replied absently. "What's your name, kid?"

"I'm Tanzanite." She said. She looked at him expectantly.

"What?" He asked, seeing her stare.

"Now you introduce yourself. Really, did you never learn common courtesy?"

"Okay then.. I'm Wigeon."

"Nice to meet you, wish it wasn't under such odd and sad circumstances!"