Ch 423 - 424

Chapter 423: Miscalculated

“He told us not to do useless things and specifically asked you to bring Chu Jingfeng to the Haza Kingdom to exchange for Luan Hong.”

Ji Shuisheng handed the letter to Su Qing. His brows were furrowed, and his expression was unpredictable. There were still many spies in the city. Otherwise, they would not know that they were looking for Luan Hong.

“Then let Chu Jingfeng out.”

Su Qing sneered. If Luan Hong hadn’t done this, she might have asked Ji Shuisheng to let Chu Jingfeng go, but now no one was useful!

She hated being held hostage the most. Chu Jingfeng wanted to use Luan Hong to threaten her, but he had made a mistake.

“Let’s go. Let Lord Yan release Chu Jingfeng.”

Su Qing shouted to Ji Shuisheng in front of everyone. Ji Shuisheng and Su Qing had a telepathic connection. He could tell what she was thinking by looking at her eyes. They agreed in tacit understanding,

“Alright, let’s find Uncle Yan and ask him to let him go.”

This was a residential area. The sudden arrival of the officers and soldiers to search the area scared the people out of their wits. More than a hundred people were present, and they had heard Ji Shuisheng and Su Qing’s words clearly. Someone had left quietly.

Su Qing and Ji Shuisheng rode to the military camp and sent someone to bring Yan Shikuan back. They chatted in the main tent for a while and soon found a few soldiers.

Two hours later, Su Qing and Ji Shuisheng had eaten and drunk their fill. They led a group of generals and escorted the slightly disheveled Chu Jingfeng out of Jingshi Dao.

The city gate creaked open, and the drawbridge was lowered. Some people looked nervously at Su Qing and Ji Shuisheng’s convoy. They didn’t know if Su Qing and Ji Shuisheng did it intentionally, but the curtains were not lowered. The people outside could see Chu Jingfeng sitting in the carriage.

It was windy and snowing heavily on the road. Su Qing and Ji Shuisheng’s expressions were cold. This trip was not a good one. After the Haza Kingdom got Chu Jingfeng back, they would not let them leave so quickly.

Su Qing and Ji Shuisheng had long been prepared for a tough battle in their hearts, but Luan Hong had to be saved. She had suffered this unexpected disaster because of her.

Eyes were watching them all the way. Su Qing and Ji Shuisheng could feel it, but they didn’t care. It wasn’t until they reached the border between Haza and Tartan that Su Qing and her spies spread the news.

Ji Shuisheng quietly left, and Su Qing took Chu Jingfeng to continue walking towards the border of the Haza Kingdom.

Today, it was snowing heavily. The northern wind whistled past their faces like knives. The snow was a foot deep, and the carriage could not move forward. Su Qing ordered someone to give Chu Jingfeng a horse and let him ride behind him.

On the way, Chu Jingfeng did not say a word. Su Qing did not tie him up either. She only ordered people to tie him up when they reached the border of the Haza Kingdom.

The Haza Kingdom was second only to the Tartan Kingdom. It had a vast territory and strong soldiers. The men were all strong. They only ate beef and mutton and liked to fight and kill.

Haza mainly relied on animal husbandry. The heavens had bestowed them with an extensive grassland. There was endless tender grass for grazing sheep and nomads. These people had never known how to farm for generations. If they couldn’t grow food, they would like to snatch it and take pride in it.