Ch 683 - 684

Chapter 683: Reunion

Jiang Baisheng was trembling in fear as he knelt on the ground and kowtowed to Xiao Zeyu,

" Your Majesty, please spare me. I’m not Japanese, I’m...He deceived me.”

Jiang Baisheng regretted it to death. He fell in love with Li Xiangxiang at first sight at the temple fair. When he returned, he prepared a gift and asked the matchmaker to propose marriage. However, he heard the news that Li Wei sent Li Xiangxiang to the palace.

At that time, Jiang Baisheng still had a glimmer of hope. The Emperor did not get close to women. Even if Li Xiangxiang were as beautiful as a fairy, he would not take her as a concubine. As long as she worked in the palace for three years, she could leave the palace and get married. He could wait for Li Xiangxiang for three years.

However, what he did not expect was the news that the Emperor had beaten Li Xiangxiang to death. Jiang Baisheng cried for three days and fell ill. He hated the Emperor. When Zhang Song discovered he was dissatisfied with the Emperor, he coerced and bribed him to join his army.

Imperial Physician Jiang of the Imperial Academy of Medicine was Jiang Baisheng’s father. Jiang Baisheng often asked his father about the situation in the palace. Imperial Physician Jiang told him everything without any doubt.

In addition, the guards at the armory were friends of Jiang Baisheng. Jiang Baisheng knew that he owed a lot of gambling debts outside and told Zhang Song.

Zhang Song bribed this guard, and when he was on duty, he would steal explosives and grenades. He promised to give him an official title after he was done. That guard was also obsessed with stealing.

It could be said that Zhang Song could obtain first-hand information so smoothly with Jiang Baisheng’s help. He was even more hateful than Zhang Song, so how could Xiao Zeyu let him off?

“You eat the food of the Great Tang, but you ruin the pot of the Great Tang. It’s even more unforgivable for you to become the lackey of the Japanese.”

Xiao Zeyu ordered Jiang Baisheng to be executed by a thousand cuts. The men of the Jiang family were captured and sent to Jingshi Dao. All the women were sold as enslaved people. When Imperial Physician Jiang learned about his son’s actions, he slammed his head against the ground before the ancestral tablets.

After clearing out the Japanese spies in the capital, Xiao Zeyu ordered the navy to go to sea and wipe out all the remaining Japanese. The Great Tang had entered a golden age, and the surrounding countries had taken the initiative to express their goodwill. Xiao Zeyu did not bully these small countries and opened up trade routes. Everyone had money to earn and food to eat. Who still wanted to fight?

Half a month later, He Yulin’s health improved under Su ding’s treatment.

When he appeared in front of all the officials, everyone was shocked.

“This subject thanks Your Majesty for saving my life.”

He Yulin knelt on the ground with tears in his eyes. Back then, he had listened to Zhang Song’s instigation and grudged against the Emperor and the Empress.

It was the Empress who had let bygones be bygones and saved him. Now, he had come to a realization. Zhang Jinglin’s ability was evident to all. He was indeed more suitable to be the Crown Prince’s Grand Tutor.

A year of good weather had passed. On the eve of the New Year, Su Qing personally cooked a reunion dinner. When she saw meat, she felt disgusted. Xiao Zeyu hurriedly took her pulse.

Su ding smiled as she looked at him. Seeing Xiao Zeyu’s eyes light up, she smiled. The palace was now equipped with electric lights. She was the one who pulled in Qin Tie along to develop the windmill to generate electricity. With electricity, it was much more convenient.