Ch 673 - 674

Chapter 673: Teaching

The speakers were hushedly discussing the royal family, their words laced with criticism and rumors.

“Sigh, what a shame. He devoted herself to educating the prince, only to have his efforts benefit others. I heard he was so upset by it all that it led to his death,” one of the diners lamented.

“Really? Who are you talking about?” the other inquired.

“It’s about the changes in the royal family. They replaced the Grand Tutor without any reason. Seems a bit harsh, doesn’t it?” the first diner replied.

“I also heard that the women’s hospital has been abducting pregnant women off the streets due to a lack of patients. They take them to the hospital, perform horrifying procedures on them, and even force a pregnant woman’s mother-in-law to witness the gruesome scene. The poor woman fainted from shock,” the second person added.

“The Empress forbids the Emperor from taking concubines. In the past, such behavior was seen as jealousy, and meddling in state affairs was utterly unacceptable. But the Emperor, blinded by infatuation, ignores the repercussions. Now, his reputation is suffering,” the first person commented.

As Su Qing listened, her expression turned frosty. These people were blatantly slandering the royal family, negatively painting her, the Empress.

“Keep an eye on those two,” she instructed the head guard, subtly gesturing towards the gossipers at the next table.

Their lavish meal, replete with delicacies and fine wine, seemed inconsistent with their apparent status, hinting at a hidden agenda to spread malicious rumors.

Su Qing was not inclined to act hastily, she wanted to trace the rumors back to their source. They appeared to have encouraged someone to create unrest in the recent days of tranquility.

The waiter went to ask the shopkeeper for instructions. The shopkeeper glanced at Su Qing and the guards with golden sabers. He had sharp eyes and could tell at a glance that these were not ordinary people.

“Pick the best dishes and tell the kitchen to make them well. Also, send over the good tea in our shop. Don’t disregard it.”

“Yes.”

With the shopkeeper’s orders, the waiter immediately went to the kitchen to announce the names of the dishes. He chose all the dishes that the restaurant’s master was good at and ordered them. He also brewed five pots of good tea and sent them over.

The shopkeeper personally served tea to Su Qing’s table. It could be seen that all five tables followed her lead. She must be the leader of these people.

“Miss, this is Longjing tea after the rain. Please enjoy.”

Su Qing glanced at him and hummed coldly.

The shopkeeper didn’t mind. He was used to it since people in high positions were usually like this.

“I heard that the Empress had cast a spell on the Emperor. Otherwise, how could he be so devoted to her?”

“I’ve also heard about it. It’s too terrifying. She poisoned the ruler of a country?”

“I wonder if the emperor knows?”

The more they talked, the more excited they became. Someone in the restaurant had already noticed and went over to ask.

Everyone liked to listen to gossip, especially gossip about the royal family. The restaurant was the best place to spread rumors. These people were doing it on purpose.