Ch 439 - 440

Chapter 439: Death Urging Drum

When the fire stopped, Xiao Zeyu returned to the government office. He strolled along the way. The scenes before him replayed the time at the Peach Blossom Cove. He couldn’t go back anymore.

He had already caught Uncle Qiu, so there was no need to pretend to be seriously injured. It was her and Xiao Zeyu’s plan to catch him red-handed.

Li Shuang’er and Xiaoying’s eyes widened in shock when they saw Su Qing sitting in high spirits and even removing the gauze around her head.

Xiaoying still didn’t know that Sister Su Qing was pretending to be seriously injured. When she found out the truth, she cried.

“Sister Su Qing, do you know how worried I was?”

“I know.”

Su Qing rubbed Xiaoying’s head, her voice apologetic.

She didn’t dare to tell her because she was afraid that Xiaoying would give her away and be suspected by Auntie Qiu.

“Sister Su Qing, why are you pretending to be injured?”

Li Shuang’er couldn’t understand. Why was she pretending? She had been worried and cried for nothing.

“To catch the traitor.”

Xiao Zeyu answered on behalf of Su Qing. He walked into the house covered in snow, his face as pale as snow, and his mood was still very low.

“Who is the traitor?”

Li Shuang’er seemed to understand, but she was unwilling to believe it.

“You can go back and help take care of Auntie Qiu.”

Xiao Zeyu didn’t answer her question; instead, he sent troops to escort her back.

“What happened to Auntie Qiu?”

Xiaoying entreated her brother. Xiao Zeyu pulled her back.

“Don’t go, you’ve been too prominent.”

“What happened?”

Xiaoying felt very uncomfortable and grabbed her brother’s hand.

“Her house was on fire. Old Master Qiu was burned to death, and Aunt Qiu was seriously injured.”

Xiao Zeyu sighed and told his sister what had happened at the Qiu family home. When Li Shuang’er heard that the Qiu family home was on fire, she ran home anxiously.

Their two families were close to each other. If the Qiu family were on fire, her family would also be involved.

“I’m going to go and see her in the middle of the trouble.”

Xiaoying struggled free from her brother’s hand and followed Li Shuang’er into the snowstorm.

Su Qing’s face was cold. She hadn’t even made a move yet, and this family had already suffered retribution.

“Qing’er.”

Xiao Zeyu stretched out his arms and pulled Su Qing into his embrace. He kissed her black hair and quietly hugged her, feeling Su Qing’s heartbeat and seeking comfort in his heart.

He was very sad to see Old Master Qiu die. He had yet to cultivate his bones of steel and his heart of stone.

“How do you plan to deal with them?”

Su Qing could feel Xiao Zeyu’s pain and knew it was difficult for him to decide.

“I can’t bear to kill them, but I can’t let them go.”