Ch 537 - 538

Chapter 537: Su Qing Is Busy

When Wan Yulin heard Liang Baichuan say that someone could make a great killing weapon, his expression immediately turned gloomy. He raised his hand to stop Liang Baichuan from saying that person's name in the hall and ordered him to meet the Emperor in the royal study.

The civil and military officials in the hall heaved a sigh of relief when they saw Wan Yulin no longer holding them back to offer advice. After the court session, the ministers gathered in twos and threes to discuss the battle in Luo City.

No one believed the invincible Wan Family Army would be completely wiped out. There must be something special that prevented the military report from being sent back in time. However, no one dared to mention this.

Minister Zhang and Scholar Li were sent to the Shen Punishment Department because of this. Who would dare to touch the Emperor's reverse scale?

Wan Yulin was in a hurry to find a skilled craftsman who could make a great killing weapon. At the same time, he received the news that Long Ling had been eradicated. Wan Yulin almost spat out a mouthful of blood.

His elite troops had never been defeated before, but they had been completely wiped out. Wan Yulin was even more obsessed with the great killing weapon. Whoever had the great killing weapon could unify the world and be invincible. Wan Yulin suppressed the urge to destroy the world and swallowed his anger. Before he created a great killing weapon, he could not send the army he had painstakingly built for many years to their deaths.

---

Wan Yulin endured this anger and also created time for Luo City to recover. Xiao Zeyu ordered people to spread the news of him wiping out the Wan Family Army. Not long after the news spread, Luo City attracted a large-scale wave of defection.

Those who came to join the army were all hot-blooded men from all over the world. They all had one thing in common. They were all dissatisfied with the current dynasty and hoped to create a new world. However, they could not rally people. They just wanted to follow a wise ruler, and Xiao Zeyu was this wise ruler.

In less than half a month, Luo City's army had grown from 1,000 to 5,000. Zhang Jinglin spent every day training recruits on the military training ground. Xiao Zeyu was very satisfied with Zhang Jinglin's ability. He made time to go to the blacksmith shop to make cannonballs. The cannonball was a secret, and no one must see the production process. Therefore, Xiao Zeyu only asked Zhong Yong to help. The two of them produced about five or six cannonballs a day. Although the production was not high, this thing was compelling. One cannonball was enough to change the battle situation, so five or six cannonballs were still possible.

Xiao Zeyu had strictly ordered Su Qing to take care of her pregnancy these days. She was bored and started to fiddle with the greenhouse. The main reason was that she wanted to eat vegetables after she became pregnant. However, even if she was rich, she could not buy vegetables in winter.

Since she couldn't buy it, she would plant it herself. After all, her dream was to farm.

After confirming her thoughts, Su Qing started to make a fuss. She chose a suburb and selected ten strong soldiers from the elite soldiers brought from Mo City to help him clear the land. He would first open up the land and then build the shed.

The winter temperature in Luo City was around 10 degrees Celsius. It was not particularly cold, so it was suitable to build a greenhouse.