Ch 627 - 628

Chapter 627: Exchange

Xiao Zeyu ordered the guards to tie him up. The guard captain was so scared that he broke out in a cold sweat and hurriedly advised him,

“Emperor, don't take the risk.”

Xiao Zeyu looked at him with a cold expression and ordered,

“Tie me up.”

Wen Xiu gripped the dagger tightly, her palms covered in cold sweat. Seeing Xiao Zeyu agree to her request for Li Shuang'er, her eyes flashed with pride. As long as Xiao Zeyu was by her side, she would have a way to make him submit to her.

Thinking of this, Wen Xiu's eyes flashed excitedly as if she was about to succeed. However, she was still cautious as she watched the guard captain tie Xiao Zeyu up.

“Turn around and let me see.”

Wen Xiu stared as the guard captain tied Xiao Zeyu up before she felt relieved. Li Shuang' er was already crying her eyes out, her eyes flashing with determination,

“Brother Shuisheng, my life is worthless. You don't have to worry about me. Don't let this
woman off. Help my parents take revenge.”

Xiao Zeyu glanced at Li Shuang 'er,

“There's no need to say anything more. You're also one of my people. I won't ignore my people.”

Xiao Zeyu's words touched the hearts of the commoners present. They had a good emperor who was dedicated to the people.

Wen Xiu gritted her teeth and used a disdainful tone to mock Xiao Zeyu.

Xiao Zeyu looked at her sharply and said in a dignified voice, “Put down the dagger now, and I'll leave your corpse intact.”

“Hmph, I won't die alone. I'll take you with me even if I have to die.”

Wen Xiu coldly snorted. She was very confident in herself. If Xiao Zeyu had fallen into her hands, the situation would have been entirely different.

“Alright, I want to see how capable you are.”

Xiao Zeyu nodded. The head guard had already tied him up, but he had tied a noose at the end so that Xiao Zeyu could untie the rope.

“No, tie it firmly. Put the tie in front.”

Wen Xiu saw through it at a glance and sternly ordered the guard captain to tie him up according to what she said.

The guard captain's eyes were filled with anger, and he wanted to kill this woman. No matter what, he couldn't let the Emperor be exchanged for Li Shuang'er.

“Do as she says.”

Xiao Zeyu ordered in a deep voice. Cheng Yu and the Mo City Zhizhou, Li Fuhai who had rushed over after hearing the news, saw Xiao Zeyu tied up when they entered. When they heard his words, they shouted,

“Your Majesty, you must not.”

The Xiao Family Army of Mo City surrounded Li Daniu's courtyard. The soldiers shouted in unison,