Ch 629 - 630

Chapter 629: Su Qing in Danger

Wen Xiu was clamped with sticks and pincers. Her ten fingers were pinched until they were bloody. These bailiffs who performed the execution did not have any mercy on women at all. They were especially ruthless. Both of her legs were crippled.

Wen Xiu was trembling in pain, but she still refused to tell him how many assassins were lying in ambush in the city. Who were they going to assassinate next? It could be said that she was a tough nut to crack. With hatred, she could indeed hold on for a while longer.

Li Fuhai was very anxious. If he could not complete the task assigned by the Emperor, he would be blamed.

Xiao Zeyu walked into the prison. Wen Xiu was about to be burned. She trembled in fear and instinctively avoided the burning iron.

“Give this to her.”

Xiao Zeyu stopped the bailiff, who was about to brand her, and gave him a medicine packet. No torture could compare to this packet of medicine.

“Your Majesty.”

Li Fuhai hurriedly gave up his seat to Xiao Zeyu. He stood at the side in fear and trepidation. There was an assassin in the city under his jurisdiction, and he had yet to interrogate him. He was afraid that the Emperor would blame him.

“Yes.”

Xiao Zeyu nodded with a dark face. Li Fuhai was at fault for dereliction of duty. He would deal with him later.

Wen Xiu couldn't hold on any longer after taking the medicine. She lay on the ground like a pile of mud.

“I'll talk, I'll talk…”

Wen Xiu told them about the spies she planted in Mo City and the assassins she brought out. She was the Kasak Kingdom princess and Chu Jingfeng's sister. She was called Ming Zhu. She also had a twin sister called Ming Yue.

The two sisters had been practicing martial arts since they were young. Ming Zhu was obsessed with witchcraft and had learned despicable methods from a Gu master. She had harmed the people of the Tartan Kingdom and the Central Plains.

To practice witchcraft, she had killed a hundred men born in the Yang years and a hundred women born in the Yin years and a Yin month. Later, she developed a love gu and witchcraft that could turn people into walking corpses.

When the country of Kasak was destroyed, the two sisters were refining Gu worms and witchcraft in the Central Plains. When they learned that the country had been destroyed and that Xiao Zeyu and Su Qing had killed their beloved second brother, the two of them began to plan to restore the country and take revenge.

After planning for over a year and obtaining much information, they knew that this year was Zhong Yongniang's third anniversary. Xiao Zeyu must have come back to pay his respects.

They set up a trap. One of them put the love gu on Yelu Chun and tortured Xiao Ying to force Xiao Zeyu to go to Tartan to see her. This was because, other than hating Xiao Zeyu, they also hated Yelu Chun and Tartan, who had occupied their homeland.

If they wanted to use Yelu Chun to kill Su Qing and Xiao Zeyu, even if they couldn't kill them, it would cause a conflict between the two countries. Whether it was the destruction of the Tartan Kingdom or the Great Tang Kingdom, it would only benefit them.