Ch 671 - 672

Chapter 671: The Empress Bestows Medicine

“Qing'er, Ziqi is going to be the Crown Prince. He is destined to be different from the other children. He has the entire country on his shoulders. Nothing can happen to him.”

Xiao Zeyu’s expression turned serious. This was the first time he had spoken to

Su Qing in such a severe tone.

“He’s only two years old. It’s not fair to him.”

Su Qing suddenly stood up. If she had to sacrifice her child’s childhood to prepare as the Emperor, she would rather Ziqi be an ordinary person.

“We shoulder the burden of the people. If we want him to be a good emperor, we must sacrifice a lot.”

Xiao Zeyu nodded his head. He knew this was too harsh on his son, but he had no choice. Little Tree had to be repaired from a young age, or it would not grow straight.

“Change the Crown Prince’s Grand Tutor to Zhang Jinglin. I don’t want Ziqi to be like an old man at such a young age. Even if he’s the Emperor, he has to be flexible. He won’t be a good Emperor if he’s only one-track-minded.”

Su Qing refused to give in. Zhang Jinglin had a forthright personality. He was outstanding in both literature and martial arts. He did not have any of the pretentiousness of an old pedant. He was quick-witted and good at thinking. Only when such a person became the Crown Prince’s tutor would he not tum the child silly.

“Alright, we’ll do as Qing'er says.”

Xiao Zeyu also felt that Zhang Jinglin was not bad. He knew how to advance and retreat, knew the limits, was proficient in heavenly literature, and was knowledgeable in geography. He was very knowledgeable and qualified to be Ziqi’s tutor.

Ziqi’s current Grand Tutor was indeed a little too old. He studied the eight-legged essay and was very scholarly.

However, he requested the child to follow the Confucian ideology completely.

It was also to curb the child’s nature. To put it bluntly, it meant that the child did not have his thoughts. It was terrifying to be an emperor without your thoughts.

Su Qing was in a much better mood now that she had helped her son get a good tutor. Xiao Zeyu massaged her shoulders.

“Qing’er, you’ve had a long day. Go take a hot bath and rest early!"

“What about you?” Hearing Xiao Zeyu’s words, did Su Qing not intend to sleep?

“I want to finish approving the delayed memorials during the day.”

Xiao Zeyu smiled. Qing’er was concerned about him.

He had gone to the manor during the day to help Qing'er collect the accumulated memorials. He was an emperor who couldn’t sleep well until he finished approving the memorials on the same day. He had to approve all the memorials overnight.

“Alright, rest early.”

Su Qing was tired. She went to the inner room for a hot bath and slept early.

She would continue fighting the next day.

In the middle of the night, Su Qing felt the bed move in a daze. Someone lay down beside her. A familiar scent assailed her nose. A robust and long arm wrapped around her slender waist, and a low and hoarse voice sounded in her ear,

“It’s me. Go to sleep.”

Su Qing leaned into his arms and closed her eyes to continue sleeping.

Xiao Zeyu had already gone to the morning court when she woke up. The three children came to greet her. The little guys looked exhausted yesterday but were full of energy after a night’s sleep. Their big eyes were bright and spirited.