Ch 573 - 574

Chapter 573: Inviting You Into The Urn

“Let him in.”

Hearing it was about the Divine Martial Camp, Xiao Zeyu's expression instantly turned solemn, and he immediately let him in.

Su Qing no longer argued with Xiao Zeyu and sat next to him.

The rats were on the move!

The General of the Divine Martial Camp was brought into the Yangxin Hall by a eunuch and knelt on the ground as soon as he entered.

“Reporting to the emperor, last night we caught a spy spying on the Divine Martial Camp.”

“Bring him in.”

Xiao Zeyu's spirits were lifted. He had set up an inescapable net and was waiting for them to come.

“He committed suicide.”

The general lowered his head in shame. The main reason was that before they could control the spy, he had already taken poison and committed suicide. There was no time to find the poison in his mouth.

“Bring the corpse here and see if any of the men in black are missing. We must investigate in secret and not alert them.”

Su Qing spoke from the side. Xiao Zeyu was very happy that Su Qing was willing to deal with government affairs with him again. This meant that Su Qing was no longer angry with him.

The General only heard the Empress' order and dared not leave before the Emperor spoke. Xiao Zeyu waved his hand at him,

“Do as the Empress says.”

“Yes.”

The general had long heard people say that the Emperor respected the empress, which is the case today.

After the general left, Xiao Zeyu said to Su Qing,

“Why don't we arrest them all!”

“There's no hurry. They're all under our control anyway.”

Su Qing wanted to cast a long line to catch the mastermind. None of them could escape anyway.

“How about this, spread the news of that person committing suicide last night so as not to alert the enemy.”

Xiao Zeyu saw that Su Qing wanted to catch the person behind the scenes, so she suggested that the spy's suicide be publicized.

As for how to spread it, it naturally couldn't be an announcement. The best way was to spread it through someone else's mouth.

At noon, a group of soldiers from the Divine Martial Camp arrived at the restaurant. They entered the restaurant and asked for a private room. They had just entered the restaurant when they were noticed and were being watched.

These soldiers of the Divine Martial Camp ordered a dozen dishes, and after a while, they began to drink. They didn't speak too loudly, but they could still be heard clearly from the door.

In the private room next door, a man wearing a blue brocade robe was listening to the conversation with a gloomy expression.

“Brothers, yesterday I found out about a spy. I received a worthy reward of five taels of silver. You don't have to stand on ceremony with me.”