Ch 567 - 568

Chapter 567: The Mysterious Man In Black

Su Qing saw the man in black's face. His eyes gave off a gloomy feeling. When he looked at people, it was like a sharp knife.

Su Qing couldn't help but pay attention to this person. There were more than ten of them in the group. They were thin and walked like the wind.

They were leading five horses and driving three carriages. The items in the carriages were covered with straw curtains so no one could see what was inside.

When Su Qing looked at the man in black, he was also looking upstairs. His eyes stopped on Su Qing briefly before looking at the empty window before her. Who knew what he said to his subordinates? The few people pulling the carriage and the person pulling the horse nodded their heads vigorously.

This action aroused Su Qing's suspicion. These people were from the East Ocean Continent, and their signature nodding action was standard among the East Ocean Continent people. They would bow continuously, and when you let your guard down, they would pounce on you and bite you.

Su Qing knew how despicable these people were. They wouldn't appear in a place for no reason. Most of them were merchants who gathered information and did terrible things in secret.

“The two of you, follow them and see where they go.”

Su Qing ordered the guards standing at the side in a low voice. If she wanted to leave the palace, these personal guards would disguise themselves as guards and follow her. When they heard the Empress's order, two guards immediately turned around and went downstairs.

When the two guards went downstairs, they bumped into the leader of the men in black, bringing two men in black upstairs. When they met, the guard turned to let them go upstairs and look at Su Qing and the others for instructions.

Su Qing looked out the window, and the guards understood. The Empress had asked them to follow the men in black who were leading the horses.

The leader of the men in black looked up to observe the situation upstairs. The waiter who led them upstairs was full of smiles and wanted to lead them to the seats inside, but the man in black ignored him and went straight to the empty window in front of Su Qing and sat down.

“Let's sit here!”

The waiter quickly smiled and said,

“Sir, this has already been chosen.”

It was obvious that these people were from other places. The seats by the window were the most popular. No one was willing to go there, so they all saved these seats for the last moment. Therefore, the waiter lied to them that there was someone there.

The man in black didn't move his butt. He didn't even look at the waiter taking out a tael of silver and putting it on the table. He said very politely,

“Please arrange it.”

“Alright, alright. Please sit. I'll arrange for him when the person who made the reservation comes.”

The waiter's eyes lit up when he saw the money. He immediately grabbed the silver in his hand and smiled. He nodded and bowed.

“What is it?”