Ch 441 - 442

Chapter 441: He’s Actually Here?

“Men, only open the north gate tomorrow morning. Stop searching tonight and send more people to patrol the streets.”

Su Qing walked out of the room and called out. Cheng Yu had sent his guards to wait outside the door. As soon as Su Qing gave the order, someone immediately sent the order to Cheng Yu without delay.

“Okay.”

The messenger replied and trotted away.

In the latter half of the night, Mo City finally quieted down. There was no one on the streets. The snow continued to fall, dyeing the world white. The traces of the day were all flattened by the wind and snow.

Qiu Yongzhi’s body was collected by Uncle Li and a few old neighbors, but because it could not be buried outside the city, it could only be stored in the mortuary.

This place was filled with Yin Qi, and no one dared to stay in the middle of the night. Qiu Yongzhi’s corpse lay there alone. His head was separated from his body, and his head was not even sewn back together with his body. His eyes were wide open as he died with grievances. Under the dim lanterns of the mortuary, it was extremely terrifying.

In the middle of the night, when no one was around, a thin wooden coffin in the mortuary was suddenly pushed open. A stiff corpse was thrown out first, and then Qiu Yongkang, dressed in green, climbed out of the coffin.

Qiu Yongkang stumbled over to his father’s corpse and knelt on both knees. His eyes were red as he looked at his father, who had been beheaded. He clenched his fists tightly, and tears fell silently. He did not even have the right to pay his respects to his father.

Su Qing, you and I are irreconcilable!

Qiu Yongkang looked at the sky and swore he would make Su Qing pay with her blood.

Qiu Yongkang knelt in the mortuary for a long time before he stood up. The winter in Mo City could freeze a person’s blood. He must have eaten a body-warming pill. Otherwise, he would have been frozen into a popsicle long ago.

These body-warming pills were left behind by Su Qing for Ji Shuisheng. Qiu Yongkang had secretly kept a little of each medicine and used them to gain the emperor’s trust.

Qiu Yongkang walked out of the mortuary full of hatred and grief. The darkness around him made him lose his sense of direction. He did not dare to light a torch, so he could only follow his instincts and avoid the patrolling soldiers on the way.

He wanted to leave the city from the north and run towards Tartan like last time, then rush towards the capital from the minor road. If he left the city, someone would pick him up.

However, he was too flustered. Su Qing would have searched the entire city according to her personality. He had escaped from the execution ground and hidden in the coffin in the mortuary. The place where the dead were was the safest.

Even if someone searched for him, he wouldn’t be worried about being found with a dead body on him. However, being buried along a dead body for so long was unlucky. Qiu Yongkang felt that his body was filled with the smell of a deceased person.

He avoided the patrol and did not change his direction. He wanted to go to the North City but accidentally walked to the West City.

Looking at the pitch-black city walls, Qiu Yongkang knew which direction the soldiers were patrolling. He found a position far from the city gate lanterns and threw the five-clawed golden hook.

Speaking of which, Su Qing also made this Five-clawed Golden Hook for Shuisheng. Qiu Yongkang secretly took one out, and it became a life-saving treasure.