Dear Diary - The battle I've been waiting for

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

Dear Diary

Taking a quick breather was honestly such a blessing, regenerating my tears overtime, while being able to have a drink beforehand, observing the exhilaration and tactics of the other fights, I found myself in a moment of anticipation the time had come. There, in the dimly lit corridor leading to the illuminated arena, stood Bakugou. The air was heavy. You could cut the tension with a knife, both of us knowing what's about to go down.

Bakugou, with a presence as commanding as his reputation, watched my every move. His expression, a facade of stern resolve, seemed like a challenge etched in stone. In that moment, questions danced at the edge of my consciousness. Should I smile? Should I try and make a joke and attempt to lighten the mood?

Before I even got my thoughts straight, Bakugou breaks the silence. His voice, firm yet not devoid of an underlying encouragement, pierced the momentary stillness. "You'll do great out there. Just know, I'm not going easy," he stated, his words cutting through the uncertainty.

Lifting my gaze to meet his, I found an unspoken understanding hanging between us. A smile, unbidden yet sincere, spread across my face as his assertion settled within me. "You best not go easy on me," I retorted, the words tinged with a playful defiance. My response elicited from him a characteristic 'tsk,' a sound that spoke volumes of his persona.

The crowd's cheers filled the air as I stepped into the arena, my heart pounding in my chest. Across from me stood Katsuki Bakugou, his intense gaze fixed on me. I knew his quirk well—explosions that could propel him into the air and cause devastating damage. But he knew little about the full extent of my quirk, especially the emotional and tear-based aspects.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the next match in the U.A. The Sports Festival is about to begin! On one side, we have Katsuki Bakugou, known for his explosive quirk and relentless fighting style! On the other side, we have Sage Weeping Angel, with her angelic wings! Who will come out on top?" Present Mic beamed once again.

As the match commenced, Bakugou charged forward, his palms already crackling with explosive energy. I took flight immediately, my wings propelling me gracefully above the ground. Keeping a keen eye on Bakugou, anticipating his aggressive approach. Below me, Bakugou's palms crackled with energy as he unleashed blasts of raw power, aiming to ground me.

"Sage, you think you can stay up there and hide from me?!" Bakugou's voice echoed with determination, his eyes fixated on me. I weaved through the air, my wings acting as both shield and manoeuvring tools against Bakugou's explosive onslaught. I know my wings are vulnerable to fire, but I need to at least try and win this.