Dear Diary - A grand welcome

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

Dear Diary 

I was awoken by a faint tapping on glass, the sound echoing through the darkness of my room. Groggily, I pulled myself up, feeling the stiffness in my muscles from lying still for too long. Glancing around, I spotted a figure sitting at my window, knocking gently but persistently.

Struggling against the weariness, I shuffled over to the window, careful not to disturb the IV poles and fluids keeping me connected. With a shaky hand, I managed to unlock and slide open the window, allowing the cool night air to rush in along with Hawks.

He entered quietly, his presence both comforting and unexpected. "Wow, you look rough," Hawks joked as he helped me back to bed, flicking on the nightlight. I managed a tired smile, trying to lighten the mood. "You don't even know," I joked.

He sat down beside me, concern evident in his eyes. "You haven't texted me since you left. I've been so worried about you," he confessed quietly, his gaze searching mine. "I'm sorry," I sighed, feeling a pang of guilt. "It's been... crazy." I looked down, feeling his hand gently grasp mine. When I glanced back up, his expression was earnest.

"Wanna talk about it?" he offered, his voice soft yet insistent. He kicked off his shoes and settled next to me on the bed, giving me his full attention.

I nodded gratefully, feeling the weight of everything that had happened pressing down on me. Taking a deep breath, I began to recount the events of the trip in detail, from the exhilaration of the mission to the terror of the attack. "And then my phone got destroyed," I concluded with a half-hearted chuckle. "Looks like I definitely need a new one."

Hawks listened attentively, nodding occasionally or squeezing my hand in reassurance. His presence was calming, and as I spoke, I felt a sense of relief wash over me. It felt good to finally share everything with someone who cared.

When I finished, Hawks was quiet for a moment, processing everything I had told him. "You've been through a lot," he murmured sympathetically. "But I'm glad you made it through." I smiled weakly at Hawks. "Luckily, I get out tomorrow, but a certain someone woke me up," I teased lightly.

He rolled around to face me, feigning offense. "I'm sorry, I just found out where you were, and I had to come see you," he whined playfully. I couldn't help but chuckle at his antics.

"Well, since you're here, let's get some sleep," I suggested with a yawn, feeling exhaustion pull at me.

Falling asleep with Hawks nearby felt comforting. When I woke up the next morning, expecting to find him still there, I saw he had left. A sigh escaped my lips as I sat up, feeling more rested and able to move around better after a night of sleep.