Dear Diary - Home sweet Home

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

Dear Diary

Looking outside the window of the shared hospital room, I sighed, my hand resting on the glass. "It's been two days already," I muttered to myself. Like Midoriya, I had to stay due to my injuries not healing enough just yet. Miriko came yesterday, and I had asked her not to tell Pixie. I didn't want her to worry unnecessarily.

Turning around, I noticed Midoriya on his phone. Tilting my head with curiosity, as I walked over to him. "Whatcha looking at?" I chimed in, unable to contain my nosiness. "Everyone on the news is obsessed with the hero killer," he replied, pointing at his phone. He looked up at me, his expression a mix of fascination and concern.

I sat down next to him, and he scooched over to give me a better view. My eyebrows furrowed as I watched the clip, seeing Endeavour and Miriko talking to the press. Despite everything, a small smile crept onto my face. "You know, Midoriya," I began, looking down with a small smile. He turned to me, confused. I looked up, making eye contact. "You are going to be a great hero one day," I said cheerfully.

He blushed, nervously waving his hands. "And so will you, Sage," he chimed back with a shy smile. I laughed softly, feeling a warmth spread through my chest. It was nice to hear those words, especially from someone who understood the weight of them.

I still couldn't believe how Iida and Todoroki got to leave before us. It felt unfair, but I guess it was for the best. If Pixie and Mandalay knew what had happened, they'd have my head on a stick. The thought made me shudder, but I pushed it aside. There was no use worrying about it now.

A few more days passed, and finally, Midoriya and I were allowed to leave the hospital and return to our mentors. The sense of freedom was exhilarating, even if our injuries were still there. Miriko, ever the thoughtful mentor, decided to take it easy on me. Instead of rigorous training, we spent our days walking the streets and doing some fan service activities. It was a nice change of pace, allowing me to relax and enjoy the simple things.

During one of our outings, I accidentally bumped into a young girl. She looked about Kota's age and had the sweetest demeanour. I knelt down to apologise, but before I could say much, her father approached... There was something off about him, a weird vibe that made me uneasy. Miriko noticed my discomfort and quickly intervened, her usual bright smile and reassuring words diffusing the situation.

As we walked away, I couldn't help but express my concern to Miriko. "That man... he seemed really weird. I don't know, something about him just didn't sit right with me." Miriko chuckled and patted my shoulder. "Don't overthink it, Sage. Sometimes people are just... different. Focus on the positives, like how sweet that little girl was."