Dear Diary - A not so good trip to Hosu

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

Dear Diary

Waking up on the couch was a surprise to me. I rubbed my eyes, feeling groggy from unexpectedly dozing off during the movie. Sitting up, I noticed Miriko was nowhere in sight. Scratching my head and yawning, I glanced around the cosy living room. A small blanket had been laid across me, probably by Miriko, I thought gratefully. Folding it neatly, I placed it back on the couch and headed towards the kitchen.

To my surprise, I found Miriko already bustling around, cooking up a storm. "Hey Champ, you're finally up," she cheered, flashing me a warm smile. I nodded sheepishly. "You bet. I'm so sorry for falling asleep during the movie last night," I apologised, feeling a twinge of embarrassment. "It's all good," she reassured me, her smile widening. "Come get some food. We've got a busy day ahead of us." She gestured towards the bar stools by the kitchen counter. As I settled onto one, I watched her expertly prepare eggs and toast, marvelling at her efficiency and ease in the kitchen. It was a stark contrast to my usual rushed mornings.

Leaving my phone in my back pocket, I focused on the day ahead. Miriko had mentioned training in the morning at a new location, followed by a trip to Hosu for what she called "fun rounds." I chuckled inwardly at her definition of fun—clearly, our definitions of the word differed. Nevertheless, I was excited for the day's challenges and opportunities to learn from someone as seasoned as Miriko.

Upon arriving in Hosu, the setting sun cast a warm, golden glow over the bustling streets. It felt serene and inviting, with fans recognizing Miriko and occasionally noticing me from the sports festival, which added an entertaining twist to our walk. People greeted us warmly, some asking for photos, while others simply waved or exchanged quick hellos.

As we rounded a corner, the peaceful atmosphere abruptly shattered. An explosion echoed through the streets, sending shockwaves through the air. Instinctively, I reacted, pulling Miriko close and enveloping her within the protective embrace of my wings. "What the hell is going on?" I muttered, my voice tinged with fear and concern. Miriko sprang to action swiftly, her nervous smile revealing her readiness for the unexpected. "Stay with me, Dove," she instructed, her tone firm yet reassuring.

I nodded, my heart racing as we navigated through the chaos. However, my attention soon veered towards a figure darting away in the distance—it was Iida, moving alone and with purpose. "Miriko!" I called out urgently, my distress evident. She turned towards me, understanding flashing across her face. "Just be careful, and use your quirk only if necessary," she advised, a hint of approval in her grin. Determined not to cause unnecessary panic, I opted not to fly but instead to sprint after Iida... Oh how silly could I be

Entering the dimly lit alley where Iida had disappeared, a sense of foreboding gripped me. The air was thick with tension, and an unsettling feeling settled in the pit of my stomach. Straining to hear any signs of distress, I followed the faint sound of a scream deeper into the alley. Thankfully, I remained unnoticed, which allowed me to witness the chilling scene unfolding before me—a man poised with a blade directly above Iida.