Unintentional Impact

Five Hargreeves x Fem!reader

Warnings: none

Y/N Hargreeves had always been careful with her powers

Y/N Hargreeves had always been careful with her powers. The ability to read minds was one thing, but when her emotions got the better of her, she could project thoughts and even cause intense pain. It was a delicate balance, especially around her husband, Five.

One evening, the Hargreeves mansion was bustling with its usual chaos. Klaus was hosting an impromptu séance in the living room, Diego was lying on the couch, Luther and Allison were having a heated debate about some obscure historical fact and Viktor was reading a book.

Y/N and Five had retreated to the study, hoping for some peace and quiet. They sat close together on the worn leather sofa, Five engrossed in a book about quantum mechanics while Y/N attempted to meditate, trying to calm her mind after a particularly stressful day.

But her concentration was shattered when a wave of frustration washed over her. She had been practicing suppressing the intrusive thoughts of everyone around her, but tonight it seemed impossible. Every random thought from the house was flooding her mind, and she felt her control slipping.

"Y/N, are you okay?" Five asked, noticing her tense expression.

"I'm fine," Y/N replied, trying to force a smile. "Just a bit overwhelmed."

Five put down his book and turned to face her, concern evident in his eyes. "Maybe we should take a break. Go for a walk or something?"

Y/N shook her head, her frustration bubbling to the surface. "No, I just need to get a grip on this. It's driving me crazy, Five!"

Without meaning to, she let out a burst of mental energy. Five, who was closest to her, felt a sharp, searing pain in his head. He gasped, clutching his temples, and fell to his knees.

"Five!" Y/N's eyes widened in horror as she realized what had happened. She knelt beside him, her hands hovering, unsure of what to do. "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to—"

Five gritted his teeth, struggling to push through the pain. "I know, Y/N. It's okay. Just...focus on calming down."

Tears welled up in Y/N's eyes as she concentrated, taking deep breaths to steady herself. Gradually, the mental energy dissipated, and Five's pain began to subside. He sat back on his heels, breathing heavily but no longer in agony.

"I'm so sorry, Five," Y/N whispered, her voice trembling. "I never wanted to hurt you."

Five reached out, taking her hands in his. "I know you didn't. It was an accident. Your powers are connected to your emotions, and it's been a tough day."

Y/N nodded, tears spilling over. "I should have been more careful."

Five pulled her into a gentle hug, resting his chin on her head. "We'll figure this out together. You're not alone in this, Y/N."

As they held each other, the door creaked open, and Klaus peeked in. "Everything okay in here? I felt a weird vibe."

Diego and Allison appeared behind him, their faces etched with concern. "We heard a noise," Allison said, stepping inside. "What happened?"

Y/N pulled away from Five, wiping her tears. "I lost control for a moment and hurt Five. But it's okay now."

Diego frowned, looking between the two of them. "Are you sure?"

Five nodded, standing up and helping Y/N to her feet. "Yeah, we're fine. Just a minor hiccup."

Klaus, ever the joker, tried to lighten the mood. "Well, as long as no one's dead, I'd say it's a successful evening."

Y/N managed a small smile at that. "Thanks, Klaus. I'll try to keep the unintentional brain zaps to a minimum."

Allison placed a comforting hand on Y/N's shoulder. "We're here for you, Y/N. Don't hesitate to ask for help."

Y/N nodded, feeling a bit better with the support of Five and his siblings. "I appreciate it. Really."

As the others left the room, Five turned to Y/N, his expression soft. "We'll get through this, one step at a time."

Y/N leaned into him, feeling a sense of hope. "I know we will. Thank you for understanding."

Five smiled, kissing her forehead. "Always. Now, how about that walk?"