Tipsy Time Travelers

Five Hargreeves x Fem!reader

Warnings: Drinking

 Luther's wedding was the event of the year. After all the chaos and near-apocalypses the Hargreeves siblings had endured, a celebration was long overdue. The venue was a beautifully decorated garden, fairy lights twinkling in the trees, and a live band playing softly in the background. Everyone was in high spirits, none more so than Number Five and his best friend, Y/N.

As the night wore on, the champagne flowed freely, and Five, despite his usual self-control, found himself with a glass perpetually in hand, thanks to a very enthusiastic Y/N. She was determined to see him let loose for once.

"Come on, Five," Y/N giggled, her cheeks flushed from the alcohol. "You've got to admit, this is fun!"

Five, who had initially resisted the idea of getting drunk, was now swaying slightly and grinning like an idiot. "Okay, okay, it is pretty fun," he admitted, taking another sip from his glass.

The two of them were sitting at a table near the dance floor, watching the newlyweds, Luther and Sloane, dance together. The sight of his usually stoic brother so happy made Five's heart swell, and the champagne made it swell even more.

"Hey, Y/N," Five said, leaning closer. "Wanna know a secret?"

Y/N eyes lit up. "Always."

Five glanced around conspiratorially, then whispered loudly, "I can time travel."

Y/N burst out laughing. "I know, silly. You've told me a hundred times."

Five frowned, as if this was news to him. "Oh, right. Well, did I ever tell you about the time I got stuck in the apocalypse?"

"Yep, that too," Y/N replied, still giggling.

"Damn, I need new material," Five muttered, looking genuinely concerned.

Just then, Klaus sauntered over, a wide grin on his face. "Hey, lovebirds, how's it going?"

"We're not lovebirds," Five and Y/N said in unison, then laughed at the coincidence.

"Whatever you say," Klaus winked. "But seriously, it's good to see you both having fun. Want to dance?"

Five raised an eyebrow. "I don't dance."

Y/N stood up, wobbling slightly but grabbing Five's hand. "Well, you're going to tonight! Come on!"

Before he could protest, Y/N dragged him onto the dance floor. The band had started playing a lively tune, and Y/N immediately began to twirl and sway with reckless abandon. Five, on the other hand, stood awkwardly, unsure of what to do with his hands.

"Just follow my lead," Y/N said, grabbing his arms and moving them in time with the music.

Five, much to his surprise, found himself relaxing. The alcohol had dulled his usual self-consciousness, and Y/N infectious enthusiasm was hard to resist. He started moving a bit, matching her steps, and soon they were both dancing wildly, laughing uncontrollably.

At some point, Diego joined them, showing off his surprisingly good dance moves, and even Viktor and Allison couldn't resist getting in on the fun. The dance floor became a whirlwind of Hargreeves siblings and their friends, all celebrating together.

After a particularly enthusiastic spin, Five found himself face-to-face with Y/N, both of them panting and laughing.

"You're a pretty good dancer, Five," Y/N said, her eyes twinkling.

"Thanks," Five replied, feeling a strange warmth in his chest that had nothing to do with the alcohol. "You're not so bad yourself."

They stood there for a moment, caught up in the magic of the night, until Klaus's voice cut through the music.

"Alright, everyone, let's raise a glass to the happy couple!"

Everyone grabbed their drinks and gathered around Luther and Sloane. Five and Y/N stumbled back to their table, grabbing their glasses and raising them high.

"To Luther and Sloane!" Y/N cheered.

"To Luther and Sloane!" Five echoed.

As they clinked glasses and took a drink, Five couldn't help but feel grateful. Grateful for his family, for this moment of peace and joy, and most of all, for Y/N. Even if he didn't quite understand his feelings, he knew one thing for sure: he was happy. And that was enough for now.

The night ended with Y/N and Five sitting on the steps of the venue, watching the stars. Y/N leaned her head on Five's shoulder, and he didn't pull away.

"Thanks for tonight, Five," Y/N murmured, her voice soft.

"Anytime," Five replied, feeling a contentment he hadn't known in a long time.

As they sat there, enjoying the quiet of the night and the warmth of each other's company, Five realized that sometimes, the best moments in life were the simplest. And with Y/N by his side, he was ready to face whatever the future held.