Five's Drunken Serenade

Five Hargreeves x Fem!reader

Warnings: none

The Hargreeves mansion was alive with laughter, music, and the clinking of glasses

The Hargreeves mansion was alive with laughter, music, and the clinking of glasses. Tonight, the family had gathered to celebrate, their usual tensions and dramas set aside for a night of joy. Among the revelers, Five Hargreeves was in an unusually merry state, his usual stoicism replaced by the warm flush of alcohol.

Y/N watched him from across the room, a fond smile playing on her lips. She loved seeing this lighter side of her husband, rare as it was. Five caught her gaze and, emboldened by the drinks he'd consumed, decided to do something he normally wouldn't even consider.

"Hey, everyone!" Five called out, his voice carrying over the music and chatter. "I've got something to say... or rather, sing."

The room quieted down, all eyes turning to him. His siblings exchanged amused glances, curious to see what Five had up his sleeve. Five made his way to the small stage in the corner where a karaoke machine had been set up, a leftover from an earlier game.

"This one's for you, Y/N," he said, pointing at her. She blushed as the spotlight seemed to single her out in the crowd.

He fumbled with the machine for a moment, then the opening chords of a familiar love song began to play. Five took a deep breath and started to sing, his voice surprisingly steady despite his inebriation.

"You're my world, you're every breath I take "

Y/N's eyes widened in surprise. Five was never one to show such public displays of affection, let alone sing. But here he was, pouring his heart out in front of everyone. His voice, though not perfect, was filled with genuine emotion.

The rest of the family watched in astonishment, a mixture of amusement and admiration on their faces. Klaus started swaying along dramatically, making everyone laugh.

"...Other eyes see the stars up in the skies But for me, they shine within your eyes " Five continued, his eyes never leaving Y/N's.

Y/N felt tears prick at the corners of her eyes. She moved closer to the stage, her heart swelling with love and pride for her husband. The song reached its chorus, and Five's voice grew stronger, more confident.

"You're my world, you are my night and day. You're my world, you're every prayer I pray"

The song ended, and for a moment, there was silence. Then the room erupted into applause and cheers. Five, slightly breathless and a bit wobbly, looked at Y/N with a sheepish grin.

"How'd I do?" he asked as she approached him.

Y/N wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him into a kiss. "You were amazing, Five. Absolutely amazing."

Five's siblings gathered around, slapping him on the back and making good-natured jokes. "Didn't know you had it in you, Five!" Luther laughed.

"Looks like someone's got a hidden talent," Allison teased.

Five, blushing but smiling, shrugged. "I just wanted to show Y/N how much she means to me."

Klaus threw an arm around both of them, grinning from ear to ear. "Well, you did more than that, little brother. You just became the life of the party."

As the night went on, Five and Y/N found a quiet corner to sit and talk, their hands entwined. The rest of the family continued to celebrate, but for Five, the highlight of the evening was seeing the love and happiness in Y/N's eyes.

"I love you, Y/N," he said softly, brushing a strand of hair from her face.

"I love you too, Five," she replied, leaning in to kiss him once more.

The party continued around them, but for Five and Y/N, it felt like they were in their own little world, bound together by love and a song that would be remembered for years to come.